Best Kiteboarding 2005 Gear

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
OliverG
Old School
Old School
Best Kiteboarding 2005 Gear

Post by OliverG » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:27 pm

For late 2004 and 2005 Best will be continuing to offer the Yarga & Nemesis kites but with 5th Line setups for easy relaunch (but the Yargas don't need it) and improved reinforced panel cross-stitching. Also new is the Tempest, a new snow kite and upgraded new bars with a new release system, and different size chicken loops to choose from - all with swivel functionality. Best will also introduce a new board line with lighter, stronger construction. They will be offering a new Trainer kite as well. Also look for new kite travel bags, harnesses, and apparel for men and women.

KITES

NEMESIS

The Best Nemesis high performance kite will take you to the next level. If you want to go big the Nemesis is for you!!
- Huge wind range and amazing de-power
- High aspect ratio for maximum hang time
- Superior upwind ability
- Sizes 8m, 10m, 12m, 14m, 16m, 18m and 21m
- Reinforced panels and less stretch points

YARGA

The Best Yarga is the most versatile kite on the market whether itís your first day or your next contest.
- Easy to use mid aspect design
- Tight turning radius makes it perfect for kite loops and wave riding
- Amazing stability makes it great for wake style tricks
- Huge de-power range for gusty winds
- Sizes 5m, 7m, 9m, 11m, 13m, 15m, 17m and 20m
- Reinforced panels and less stretch points

TEMPEST

Best has hit the slopes this winter with the Tempest. Our new easy to use snow kites will have the novice or seasoned snow pro carving the slopes with style in no time.
- Easy to control with phenomenal de-power range
- User friendly with increased stability
- Smooth tight turning radius for extra control
- 5th line reverse re-launch system
- Size will range 5m, 7m, 9m, 11m, 13m, 15m and 17m

BEST BOARDS

Best will have a huge range of smooth fast responsive boards hitting the market in 2005 that will give you pure performance without the price
- Shannon Edition with unique custom feel will be revamped for extra strength in sizes 118cm, 124cm, 130cm, 138cm and 144cm
- New High Performance line of boards is calibrated to give the right amount of flex at the right time. 121cm, 125cm, 131cm available.
- Light Wind Boards will be availed in 133cm and 135cm for the day when you just have to ride
- Beginner board, 149cm will be available for those looking to set themselves up and learn to kite

BEST ACCESSORIES

We offer a wide range of accessories to compliment all our products.
- Fins in all shapes and sizes
- New Reinforced Deck pads, Foot Straps and Bindings
- Extra Padded Heel loops and Comfy Grab handles
- Lines pre-stretched colored or white in 20m, 23m, 25m, 27m and 30m lengths
- Replacement bladders
- Best extra comfy Harnesses will comfy with different sized padded spreader bars
- New Training kites those looking to have fun and test out the kiting sensation

BEST BARS

Bestkiteboarding is leading the way in bar and accessories in 2005 with four new bars coming all with interchangeable hard lines and different size chicken loops. Chicken loops come with removable tongues and rings for handle pass leashes if desired.
- New Carbon Bar has new sure fire release grip
- Pro Carbon Bar has built in swivel in the release
- Carbon Swivel Bar will have the new improved release system
- Carbon Swivel Pulley Bar gives the freedom and feel of the pulley without the line twists

BEST APPAREL

Look out for stylish, comfortable and affordable apparel for both men and women for both winter and summer seasons.
- Complete new line of sexy Best Girl Clothing
- Various kiting apparel and beachwear including rash guards and beach towels
- Guys apparel including baggies and new Tís
- Cool accessories including key chains and jewelry

feixaq
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by feixaq » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:02 pm

wow, sounds awesome. i've been eyeing the frenzy 05 for snowkiting, but wonder how the tempest stacks up against it. even better if tempest kites are part of the 3-for-2 deal with regular yargas and nemesis kites.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

'05 Nemesis Pics

Post by OliverG » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:03 pm

From Alex:

We've been testing the new Nemesis, re-designed and improved by Eric & Peter from EH Kiteboarding, down here in Brazil. Although we make improvements and adjustments constantly, this re-design was major. The kite is simply AWESOME! Improved stability & turning speed, amazing hang time and a little less bar pressure. The new panel layout adds strength and eliminates stretch. This kite boosts huge and all Best kites are now available with 5th line attachment points. The new Nemesis will be available in 4-6 weeks and pre-orders will be taken in 2-3 weeks. Here are some pictures:

ImageImage

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:06 pm

heatdish wrote:wow, sounds awesome. i've been eyeing the frenzy 05 for snowkiting, but wonder how the tempest stacks up against it. even better if tempest kites are part of the 3-for-2 deal with regular yargas and nemesis kites.
I don't have any info yet on pricing or if it will be included in the 3 for 2 deal, but will post as soon as more info is available.

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:16 pm

heatdish wrote:wow, sounds awesome. i've been eyeing the frenzy 05 for snowkiting, but wonder how the tempest stacks up against it. even better if tempest kites are part of the 3-for-2 deal with regular yargas and nemesis kites.
Nothing stacks up against the Ozone Frenzy for snow. Take it from someone who lives in the mountains. Ozone is the only kite company out there that I know of that actually has a snowkite team and does serious R&D in the snow. Every detail of this kite is well thought out right down to the back country back pack it comes in. They make such sweet snowkites, Naish had them make theirs this year.

None of this is to say that Best doesn't make quality gear, but last time I checked they don't get much snow in the design headquarters in Cabarette.

I will, however, try to get my hands on the Best tempest and see how it satcks up. I'll let you guys know.
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:19 pm

And there you go, take it from someone in the know. Makes you wonder, though, I wonder if Best has perhaps licensed a design from a company like Ozone?

Riovista
Joey
Joey

Post by Riovista » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:31 am

Are there any changes in store for the Yarga? :?:

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:44 am

Yes, the Yarga will benefit from the new triangular panels and improved reinforced panel cross-stitching, and I believe these will also have 5th line setup as well, although I'm not completely sure on that one. The attachment point is already there and I know the Nemesis kites will have the 5th line setup. Even though from a relaunch standpoint the Yargas certainly don't need any help from the 5th line, the 5th line setup offers instant depower and quick recovery, so it will probably have that also.

And you probably know the sizing has already been changed, so they all follow the odd numbers; 5,7,9,11,13,15,17, etc.

All the new kites are expected to be available late December and January.

p.s. Nice avatar...

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:34 pm

New 2005 Nemesis Graphics: