New Kiter

Hook up with other kiters, share rides, or find a kite mentor & speed your progression.
Forum rules
Use "Group Notice" when posting/responding to notify interested kiters!
Anthony Conti
Joey
Joey
New Kiter

Post by Anthony Conti » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:01 pm

Hey my name is Anthony and I just started kiting this season. Got up on my board for a few seconds and that's about it during the water lesson. Looking to go again this weekend most likely at alameda, if there is any wind that is. I want to pratice body dragging a bit then take a crack at the board again. Would be nice to find someone just started off also but if you don't mind a newbie being around that is cool (something to make you laugh).

I live in San Francisco. I have access to a car about 50% of the time so I can drive once and while but I have no problem paying for gas or lunch.

KirkTalon
Regular
Regular

Newby

Post by KirkTalon » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:06 pm

Hey Anthony...I am at the same stage...Learning at Sherman Island but am definetly interested in finding new kiters to figure stuff with...

Will be groing through lessons till I feel secure enough to head out but since I am learning at SI and you at Alameda maybe we can share info about the spots.

Best wishes

Kirk

Loscocco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Loscocco » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:35 pm

Hey Anthony, Welcome... its highly addicting... like crack (not that i have ever done that) but u know what i mean . See ya out there!!
Last edited by Loscocco on Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Photography ==> www.Loscocco.com
Kites:Ocean Rodeo: Flites and Razors
Boards:Ocean Rodeo: Duke and Spotz Hydrofoil
Eyewear:Kurtis Surf Goggles www.KurtisUSA.com

VanSimms
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by VanSimms » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:54 pm

I just started also this season.
I've gone I think 6 times this season for 1-2hours each time.
I am going upwind fairly well, and am starting to jump on command. (I'm a pretty fast learner and it helps to have 7years of wake behind you.)
I have a fair ammout of knowledge about Alameda since other than Rio that's the only place I've gone. I know how nice it is to have someone around who knows somewhat about the spot so I'd love to help in Alameda, I think I'll be in the city tomarow so I might be able to help launch If it is on tomarow. In my personal experience I doubt it will be good tomarow, or sunday (theres a chance). So I think I'll be in HMB on Sunday. It all depends. I'd like to meet someone who is local at ocean beach, I always was curious about OB.

If you have any questions feel free to send me a message.

jentaylor
Joey
Joey

Post by jentaylor » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:47 pm

Nice! I finally found this place, took awhile. New to kiteboarding as well and would love to hang out with some newbies, YAY! Don't have a car but can totally sport gas, toll, lunch, band-aids. I'm almost on the board...does that count?

Days off are Mon&Tues. If anyone is down on those days, i'm totally avail!

panzerfaust
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by panzerfaust » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:13 pm

see you all in all the wonderful bay area spots in the spring :).

brokenwind
Joey
Joey

Post by brokenwind » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:10 pm

Hey all, I just got back to the states from traveling over seas. And yup, took some lessons, got me a kite, and am ready to ride. I consider myself at the beginner stages, I can go upwind without too much drama. Also looking for others to go out with. I have a wheels (there's 4 of them!), and will be ready to roll as soon as the wind picks up!

Anthony Conti
Joey
Joey

Still Looking

Post by Anthony Conti » Mon May 01, 2006 4:53 pm

Okay snowboarding is dead to me now. At least till next season. I am available on the weekends to go. Also I have access to wheels sometimes assuming I can steal it first. Anyways I am still working getting on the board. I have a couple of kites (10,11 & 13). I think it would be great to learn with someone else. I live in the mission and probably still be going to Alameda. If anyone interested let me know.

-Anthony

Bob
Regular
Regular

Post by Bob » Mon May 01, 2006 5:32 pm

Just learning to kitesurf myself and looking for a buddy to head out to Ocean Beach and Alameda.
OB really is not really a place to learn...When your kite hits the water the ocean will claim it quickly... Alameda is a better call for getting the hang of the sport... Have Fun and Be Safe!

kitedancer
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Eternal Newbie needs ride to Alameda

Post by kitedancer » Mon May 01, 2006 6:21 pm

Hi,

I took lessons last summer - but I am a slow learner :) still trying to stay up on the board. Anyrate - I have been to Alameda - last Spring.

I live in SF, but right now do not have a car:( However, I am so desperate, that I am going to attempt public transportation...I just have to get out in the water! It has been six months...I am determined to get up on the board!!!!
(If not, then I will be a professional body dragger ;)>

Soooo, if anyone is willing to give me a lift when they are going to Alameda - I would love it! I can pay for gas, toll, etc..(of course what is etc..?)

You can e-mail me at aerdanzer@yahoo.com

Ciao,
Katrina