Snowkiting this weekend???

Winter snowkiting topics and locations.
Yoda
Resident
Resident
Snowkiting this weekend???

Post by Yoda » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:39 am

I'm hoping to kite the hard snow of Tahoe this weekend. Looking for fellow kiters to ride with. Jeff with WOW kites is doing his kiteschool at Mt. Rose Meadows. I was thinking of checking the Carson Area. Any advice on other spots or wind conditions? I have a couple of demo Frenzy's & Access's, but I'm working on getting some more demo kites for anyone interested in experiencing the performance of an Ozone kite. Let me know who's down for flyin'!

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:46 pm

I'd love to do some snowkiting, but I don't want to drive all the way up there and get skunked like two weeks ago.

It seems like the wind predictions up there suck. Checking the NOAA sensors at any given time, it seems like the wind is all over the place. Do you have a better method of scoping out the wind before you leave Sacto?
Paul

superdave
Joey
Joey

Post by superdave » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:39 pm

I'll be staying in Tahoe this weekend and looking for fellow kiters.
Somewhere in North Laqke is preferred but I'll drive to hope meadows or red lakes if I have to. I have my own Frenzy 10m.

loren
Joey
Joey

Post by loren » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:08 pm

I'll be in North Lake this weekend too. Probably hitting the slopes Saturday and looking for some wind Sunday, unless I see some kiters Saturday. Guess I'll try Mt. Rose and hook up with Jeff if I can't find anyone. May the wind be with ya.

t-imel
Joey
Joey

Re: Snowkiting this weekend???

Post by t-imel » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:42 pm

Went up to Mt. Rose, meadows Sat. No wind. Then over to Martis Meadows, NO SNOW. Lost at the machines in Reno, too. Did anyone get lucky this weekend?

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:24 pm

"Get Lucky"?? Yeah, but I didn't go kiting.
Dewey