Product Reviews Section....

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
OliverG
Old School
Old School
Product Reviews Section....

Post by OliverG » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:34 pm

As it hasn't really taken off, I'm considering the removal of the Product Reviews section. Maybe it's a hassle to use or people don't really need it.

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:55 pm

I use (and like) the product reviews on mtbr.com and think it's just a matter of time (and web traffic) before it will be useful here. However, when I asked for the instructions and read them, I just sort of glazed over and didn't do anything more. I recall on mtbr.com they are far easier to use, yes?
Go bigga'

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:00 pm

Let me take a look at mtbr.com and see how they do it. It's entirely possible I explained it in a complicated way and lost you....

Part of the problem is adding products to compile a complete list of kiteboarding gear and accessories. Mtbr.com certainly has a staff, whom are constantly adding new products to the database, making it so all one has to do to post a review is, just that, type in a review... They generate income and can afford to pay their staff to add the products and all sorts of other things too.

So, the long and short of it is that if we had a complete database of products, it would be very easy for visitors to post reviews. Whether or not I'll have the time to do that is the question......

How do you add a board for review

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:42 am

Ollie how do you add a board to do a review on it. I want to review the slingshot 119 misfit.

Dewey

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:04 pm

You can choose "Upload Products" from the top right and it will prompt you to enter some info. Don't worry about the photo, I'll add it unless you want to find a pic of it on the net and upload it while you add the product.

charlie
Old School
Old School

winter

Post by charlie » Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:33 am

ollie
as winter is on us we will have more time to reflect on are product reviews
and more time to do it
charlie

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:12 am

Yes, youre probably right. I'll try and integrate it better into the site, so everything is within the portal/forum....