Lessons in the winter?

San Francisco Bay Area kiteboarding lessons, learning and support.
dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:44 am

2 poor seasons in the Bay Area? or just Alameda? Last year I was able to kite almost every day off in spring, and I kited about four to five days a week in summer at Sherman.
Dewey

andyandmarlys
Regular
Regular

Post by andyandmarlys » Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:52 pm

Kitewindsurf's school will be open April 1st. We complete over 90% of our lessons without rescheduling because we can go to the wind line and teach the lesson from the ski. Its also the safest way to teach because there are no obstacles, kiters, or beaches to run into, and the instructor can be right behind you and help launch the kite. If the weather cooperates, there is a chance we could start even sooner (March)...

Thanks

Andy

VanSimms
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by VanSimms » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:43 pm

I would say wait for kite wind surf, they are always really nice and helpfull, plus their instructors really know what they're doing.
If in doubt, do it.

Instruction Anytime

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:12 pm

There are advantages to Beach Spot instruction, and there are advantages to boat instruction, however, where you do not have to excercize the same type of safety awareness protocalls that you do in real life conditions launching from a beach, on a boat lesson, there are at least an equal quantity dangers in open water that are not so obvious. I as an instructor with Boardsports, will always give my students a rescheduale if the parameters of the conditions are unsafe, or do not measure up to a productive learning experience, when teaching off the beach, or off the boat.Fairness and Honesty in advertising!. Don Bogardus

jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jjm » Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 pm

Hey Don, are you guys going to use that inflatable zodiac type thing this season?