Sunday Snowkiting

Winter snowkiting topics and locations.
Pablito
Resident
Resident
Sunday Snowkiting

Post by Pablito » Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:14 pm

If anyone is still awake, it's looking like a small group of BAKers will be kiting in a few inches of freshies somewhere around Hope Valley tomorrow.

Come on up. If you want to squeeze in the car, PM me before 7 am. tomorrow (Sunday)
Paul

jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jjm » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:50 pm

I woke super tired up at 4:30, 80 still had chain requirements on the DOT web page, and didn't want to deal with chains again for a day trip.

Of course, later in the morning I checked again and no chains were required, I'm sure I could have gotten up (80 anyway).

I'm planning on going to Truckee next weekend, hopefully can get some next weekend.

kitekarl
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kitekarl » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:01 pm

Paul and I went up and got suckered. As we passed Kirkwood at 10:30 there was a mile of cars waiting to get in the lot from the Tahoe side so we proclaimed them suckers. It was us who were the suckers. Went to Green Valley and Hope Valley and it was too light. Got to the snowmobile area and it was finally blowing. We riggged and the wind kept switching directions and cutting out completely so we said screw the fumes and headed back up to Green for lunch. As we were eating the wind was looking rideable so we rigged. I got in about 3 tacks and it totally shut down again leaving us looking like retarded ducks in the LaBrea tar pits. Weekends suck... :evil: