what is your world record session time?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
bdawg
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
what is your world record session time?

Post by bdawg » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:54 am

How long has your single session been? Where? what conditions? I am curious to know how long some of you seasoned kiters have been out during one session.

I ask this cuz i was at sherman last week and was on the water for two hours 15 minutes and I was pretty worked. I just kept riding even though the wrists were tingling and the quads were waving a white flag. I didn't want to quit so i just kept going. It was awesome. Impending darkness is what brought me in to the beach. My body isn't too accustomed to kiting yet but I was pretty stoked on a 2+ hour session.

Let's hear from ya.

Blair

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:04 am

At least one of my Sherman sessions every time I go is 2+ hours. It usually is during the best conditions of the day.

I have done a 3.5 hour crossing in the Caribbean that got tiring b/c it was one tack the entire way.

On average Sherman delivers my longest sessions. Sometimes I stay out for a long time at Crissy, b/c once you come in there, it's pretty unlikely you will go back out.

Oh yeah, wave sessions...can last all day if the wind blows. I just can't stop when there are good waves. I think I've had 4 hour sessions at HMB.
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:37 pm

HIHO on one reach for 3+ hours? You got me beat. That's harder than the 3.75 hours I logged in one powered session at Sherman this season. Switching back and forth is the relief I look forward to. Try riding toe-side one way and heel-side back and you can simulate the Caribbean deal that Gabe mentioned. Can you say hip flexor?

Yup, even old guys can go 3-4 hours. And then, there's kiteboarding... :twisted:
Go bigga'

He's gone

long session

Post by He's gone » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:34 am

Just completed a 3.5 hour wave session in big surf....could barely climb up the cliff to my truck to drive home.

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Trailed by twenty hounds?

Post by fearlu » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:30 pm

Scott's then, Z?
Go bigga'

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:28 pm

For me, I think it's been about 3 hours which left me feeling tired, but happy. I hoping to get another one of those soon. :)

jstjohn3
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

SPI Sesh.

Post by jstjohn3 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:28 pm

I was at South Padre Island 2 winters ago and it was blowing 30+, it was storming, cold and at an unusual side-off direction. I was on my 8M. It took me about 40 minutes for my damn hands to warm up, the best way was by dragging them in the water. I was with a friend and we just kept going. With the wind direction we were able to go MILES up the beach, so we were able to just explore and we knew when we were were done we'd have a ripping downwinder! We must have been out for 3 1/2 hours and on the way back I just relaxed with the kite out in front of me and die S turns all the way back to our cars. That was one of the most fun sessions of my life.

zgur
Resident
Resident

Long session

Post by zgur » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:19 am

Dave - you know the answer, but I won't post it in forum.... It was world class bro......10-15 foot waves, glassy sections, fast waves, I get all fired up just writing it down.....The winds was so so, up and down 12m, but the waves, were insane.

When will I see you down there sending it big????

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:45 am

2+ hours at sherman. Every tack I said was my last. I was working on jumping and finally my forearm got sore from yanking on the bar to send it. Next day I had problems pulling the straps on my harness because my forearm was sore. Steady 20 mph winds...what's a boy to do??
Dewey