Posting to Classifieds

Want to plan a kiting trip? Just got back from one? Post you experiences, questions and information here.
mecoff
Joey
Joey
Posting to Classifieds

Post by mecoff » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:25 pm

Not obvious how to post a classified. Any hints?
thx.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:41 am

Click on the Classifieds link at the top right. On the Classifieds page, click on "Place an Ad" (top right). It will walk you through the steps.

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:24 pm

Ollie,
Maybe I'm going blind, but I don't see anywhere in the Classifieds a link with the option "Place an Ad" .

Don't think Im loosin it.
-Mike

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:21 am

Mike,

You have to register, then everything will be available. You can post classifieds, upload pictures, track new topics and much more.

Ollie

mecoff
Joey
Joey

Post by mecoff » Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:31 pm

Ollie,
It wasn't immediately obvious that I had to re-login under the classifieds section (I was already logged in at the top level). In effect I had to login twice.

Since it wasn't explicit, I suspect others may be having similar problems (possibly resulting in low classified usage.. although it looks like you migrated to another system so that may explain it).

In any event I got in and the option appeared.

Thanks!

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:01 pm

When you first tried posting ads, were you already registered? The forum, ads, reviews and multimedia section are all using the same databse and user logins.

What happened after you registered and logged in?

Thanks,
Ollie

mecoff
Joey
Joey

Post by mecoff » Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:17 pm

Ollie,
Yes, I was already registered. After I initally logged in, I navigated to the classified section. The "place Ad" option is not displayed unless I re-login which I did. Although I used the same login, I was required to re-login to see the "place" option. Hope that makes sense.

Just posted an add for a new 11m Fuel for a deal. Pass it on if you know anybody interested (I hear you're well connected ;)

-Mike