Resident
Resident
Snowkiting next week?

Post by Pablito » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:07 am

Forecast for next week"
The next system coming into north California
Sunday into Monday looks pretty vigorous at this time. Snow levels
will be dropping, increasing south wind, and heavy snow is possible
over the higher elevations...especially on Monday...with the storm.
High pressure rebuilds again across the Pacific, so Tuesday through
the rest of next week looks dry at this time.

Lots of snow followed by sun (and wind, probably). Sounds good. If it comes true, I'll probably be heading up mid-week for a day trip. If anyone is interested, send me a private message.

Paul

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:07 pm

Touche!

My job is perfect for winter sports -- when it rains here, I get to take days off. When it rains here, it is snowing in the Sierra. Also, I work Saturdays in the winter so I can go to the snow mid-week and avoid the crowds.

The only reason summer kiting works for me is because I start work at 6 am, and the wind is best in the evening. I work six days a week in the summer.

shmed
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shmed » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:15 am

Pablito-- sounds like a Who am I brain teaser-- the kind you need to figure out to get into law school.

Two guesses: you are a golf-teaching pro with a low tolerance for wet lessons-- or you rent boats at a lake. Warm?

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:11 pm

Not even close. I'm an organic farmer. The mystery poster ("workaholic" -- HA!) already knows this.

Snow update is that the Sierra might get mostly rain with just some snow at the tail end. But if the clearing winds with this next storm are as good as the last storm, there might be some good times to be had on the water again.

shmed
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shmed » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:23 am

Hmm, that was a tough one. here's another:

There are 3 cannibals and 3 kiteboarders on Sherman Island with no car. All 3 kiteboarders can drive the boat, only one cannibal can drive the boat, only two people at a time can fit into the boat. The cannibals can never outnumber the kiteboarders on either side or their appetite gets the best of them and they steal their new windwing gear. How do you get all six over the tules safely?

answer here under cannibals (scroll down a little) if you get curious:
http://www.vanishingcookies.com/kensapp ... zzles.html

jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jjm » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:36 pm

shmed wrote:Hmm, that was a tough one. here's another:

There are 3 cannibals and 3 kiteboarders on Sherman Island with no car. All 3 kiteboarders can drive the boat, only one cannibal can drive the boat, only two people at a time can fit into the boat. The cannibals can never outnumber the kiteboarders on either side or their appetite gets the best of them and they steal their new windwing gear. How do you get all six over the tules safely?

answer here under cannibals (scroll down a little) if you get curious:
http://www.vanishingcookies.com/kensapp ... zzles.html
The three kiteboarders kite across the river (with the Windwing gear). The cannibal that can drive the boat takes one of them across, drives back alone, picks up the other cannibal, and goes across again. All 6 on the other side, none of the cannibal's appetites get the better of them.

(Technically, the kiteboarders don't get to the tules safely because they stop for some tule juice on the way over)

:)

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:54 pm

himmmmm......
tule juice....
charlie