Kite Buddy/Support Forum

Hook up with other kiters, share rides, or find a kite mentor & speed your progression.
Forum rules
Use "Group Notice" when posting/responding to notify interested kiters!
OliverG
Old School
Old School
Kite Buddy/Support Forum

Post by OliverG » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:13 am

If you are just getting into the sport, you may be looking for someone at the same level to kite with, share info or rides and make it a safer, more positive experience overall.

Here's where you can find like-minded people to get into the sport and learn and practice with or hook up and share rides to local spots.

Some of us spent a lot of time learning the hard way, so speed up your learning curve so you can start having some real fun sooner!

The Management

thiago
Joey
Joey

Post by thiago » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:13 pm

Love it man! Sign me up. It would be nice if people could just introduce themselves before they share any contact info. Once people know where everyone is, then they can send private messages to exchange contact info. Here is my breakdown:

One loaded season of kite surfing. Just getting comfy riding at Crissy. Flexible with work. I can leave work early often. I live in SF city downtown. If you are in the same boat, put your info here or send me a private msg with your info.

Cheers...

bdawg
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I'm in Sacramento.

Post by bdawg » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:54 pm

If there are any people who kite in or from the sacramento valley let me know. I usually go to [shadow=red]Sherman Island [/shadow]for the sweet wind. I'd be much more motivated to go if I was carpooling with someone. '04 was my first year of kiteboarding and I am loving it. I do have a job which I can take time off of with a days notice. I have a vehicle that would support 3 people w/ gear. Give me a shout and we can exchange info.

thanks,

Blair

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:14 pm

And there you go...Nothing like sharing the stoke with someone else who's willing to make the time to do it. Riding with others is one of the best things one can do to progress....

user 13

rideshare

Post by user 13 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:53 pm

my body and i a noobs we took lessons last summer and would like kite this winter (preferably alameda).. any care to join?

brainiac484

looking for someone to kite with

Post by brainiac484 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:41 pm

I am a beginner and I am looking for someone to kite with. Mid week or weekends. I bought some gear last year but just never made the time to get in the water regularly. I think that I have the basics down, but have yet to get up on a regular basis. I have a Naish 16 that I purchased for the light winds where I was heading in Mexico. (That choose was guided by the guys at the shop in Coyote Point) So, I am also looking for a little guidance on the correct setup for the windier Bay Area sites. Not sure what the best size kite is for a guy my size. Anyway, I have a car that can handle 2 or 3 people with gear on the rack or in the back. And am willing to trade lessons or advice for computer/web related advice. Or cold beer. My name is Sean and I can be reached at www.seanmillis.com or 650.302.9907.

arinfinger
Joey
Joey

Looking for a Kite Buddy in S.F.

Post by arinfinger » Mon May 30, 2005 10:56 pm

[font=Tahoma] [/font]

Hello,

I am looking for a kite buddy that lives in San Francisco. I am a beginner to intermidiate level. I am able to get on the board and go downwind, but havent quite mastered going upwind. I have a 16 and a 12 meter kite. I would love to have a buddy at close to the same level as me or better that would be willing to kite on the weekends and carpool with me. Please let me know if you are interested. I look forward to meeting more people that are into kiteboarding as none of my friends are into it. :cry:

Thanks,

Arin

Scanman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Scanman » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:28 pm

Hi, my name is Joe, I'm a wind addict.

I'm a beginner. I just bought my 14m Cabrinha Element and Prodigy board last week and went for some body dragging. I'll be going to Alameda to try out my board this Saturday.
I live in Union City. My car (Honda S2000) can only hold me and my gear (board in the passenger seat), so I can't do any carpooling in my car.

jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jjm » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:44 pm

I'm going to join in too.

My name is Josh, and I too would like to find someone to buddy up with. I started kiting this season, and am working on consistently riding upwind. I still end up walking back to the launch at Alameda.

I live in Novato, and mostly get down on the weekends but am able to squeeze out of the office (room next to my bedroom) early if the conditions are worth it.

Carpooling would be cool, especially since gas prices are almost 3 digits to fill up a Civic.

bounceback
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bounceback » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:52 am

playmate wanted!

not one of the hefner tradition (swimsuit photo not necessary)... just a beginner looking for kiting buddies during the week. days/hours flexible.