Kite Buddy/Support Forum

Hook up with other kiters, share rides, or find a kite mentor & speed your progression.
Forum rules
Use "Group Notice" when posting/responding to notify interested kiters!
aerialkw
Joey
Joey

Post by aerialkw » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:30 pm

I'd love to come and play with you! I am also looking to find a buddy to practice with at Alameda when there is wind... I can sometimes get off early weekday afternoons... =D>

glue

need buddy in Alameda

Post by glue » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:45 am

Just finished up lessons...looking to learn with someone of similar level. Just got all my gear and want to ride the week of July 7th anytime after 3pm in Alameda. I commute to and from mountain view every day and live in SF.

glue
Joey
Joey

Post by glue » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:55 am

Anonymous wrote:Just finished up lessons...looking to learn with someone of similar level. Just got all my gear and want to ride the week of July 7th anytime after 3pm in Alameda. I commute to and from mountain view every day and live in SF.
that was me

danimal
Joey
Joey

any north bay people?

Post by danimal » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:43 pm

Hey all,

I just lost my kite partner to a skimboard accident. One dislocated shoulder later and I am looking for someone on the beginner level to kite with. I have never gone alone and am not about to start. I live in Sebastopol and kite Dillon & Doran beach. Haven't tried the harbour in Bodega yet, but am willing. I am used to launching with my partner and haven't kited with anyone else, but I am comfortable in the water and provide good support. I have a 12m kite for now and am also looking for anyone interested in KGB. I do have a mt. board w/straps for now that I use with my 2m trainer in 20+ winds. Until I find someone to kite with though it looks like my surfing skills are going to have plenty of time for improvement.

respect,
dan

luke

new in town

Post by luke » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:37 pm

i am going to be at stanford for month of july, to study. need to find out local spots for kiting. still struggling to keep up wind. so if any one is going to alameda at theweekend or kiting first couple of weekends of aug and want to drag a mupphet along to share petrol, that would be cool

cheers luke

D
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Berkeley Kiteboarding

Post by D » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:59 pm

I work in Berkeley and can see you guys riding off pt. emery from my office. I'd love to join you during the week (midday or early evening). Send me a PM and we can meet up.

Daniel

Post by Daniel » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:25 am

Hi,
i am daniel from the coast of germany and i will take a flight to san francisco thursday next week...
i stay for a month at my sisters house in san francisco and take my 10 and 14 vegas and all the other equipment with me...
i started kiteboarding this year and i am able to go upwind and do some jumping...

it would be great, if some kiter from san francisco would show me the spots in and around the bay area! i have access to a car during this time, but it is really small, so it is not usefull for carpooling but it would bring me to meeting points for carpooling or directly to the spot.

my email: mjula23@yahoo.com

greetz
daniel.

ino
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ino » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:30 pm

I would love to practice kiting too. I can get up on the board and I do have my wn gear but sadly no car. Alameda would be great. I live in Temescal if anyone interested let me know
515 418 3305
Ino

ila
Joey
Joey

Post by ila » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:25 pm

I want to find buddy to practice with, have my own gear. I live in San Jose. Took my lessons Kailua beach, Oahu.
Give me a call if interested (408) 421 4850 Ilya
feduloff@gmail.com

wjb
Resident
Resident

Post by wjb » Wed May 31, 2006 1:01 pm

Hi my name is Wade. I would like to give support to anybody kiting in the north bay ( launching ,retrieving, carpooling). I just started and I am flying my practice kite. Weekends or after work on Thursdays and Fridays work for me. I will be camping at Doran in Bodega Bay on June 16,17,18. contact me at wade@donalmachine.com
It is obvious that we can no more explain a passion to a person who has never experienced it than we can explain light to the blind. T.S.Eliot