Help Stop Kiter Suicide

Hook up with other kiters, share rides, or find a kite mentor & speed your progression.
Forum rules
Use "Group Notice" when posting/responding to notify interested kiters!
scatmandu
Contributor
Contributor
Help Stop Kiter Suicide

Post by scatmandu » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:41 pm

What's up? I'm looking for a kiter to kite with on Mondays or Fridays...sometimes I can get out on Saturday. I'm coming from Monterey, so I'd prefer Waddell or 3rd St/Coyote Pt. I've never actually been to either of these places, but I'm tired of the pathetic, unpredictable and sometimes dangerous wind of Monterey/Carmel. I'm a beginner, but I've got all the gear. I've taken a lesson or two and I can body drag like a champ. I'm just having a few issues with getting up on the board. If your in or near Monterey and you might be able to go or need a ride and could lend a hand let's link up. I've got a SUV so I can transport gear and two others. You can either reply to this or my email tascatti@nps.edu.
I've had too many close calls kiting alone, but none have stopped me from trying. I'd just like someone there to either capture my last moments or at least tell my wife where my body could be recovered. In the future, if I don't meet my demise, maybe you can take a picture of my first handle pass. Let me know.
Scat

andyandmarlys
Regular
Regular

Post by andyandmarlys » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:46 pm

Try Alameda... go any day there is wind (most days this time of year) and you will find lots of wind buddies... I just got done sailing there.... lots of benefits to Alameda... Sandy shore, calm water, lots of room, generally steady winds... Good luck.. and don't kill yourself