'Business' trip to SF - looking for kite buddies

Hook up with other kiters, share rides, or find a kite mentor & speed your progression.

Moderator: BayAreaKite

Forum rules
Use "Group Notice" when posting/responding to notify interested kiters!

'Business' trip to SF - looking for kite buddies

Postby Alina » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:39 pm

Hey all!
I'll be in SF for business reasons for a month from March 17 on and would love to go kiteboarding. I am looking for someone to kite with since it is more fun together "?%# and I am not yet (had a douple of lessons and also went on my own once or twice) totally confident to go on my own. Probably Alameda will be the place to be? I will bring my own gear from Germany (hope 9 & 12 will be fine) so no need to rent. I am also very interested in commuting (I think I am somewhere close to AT&T park) since I won't have a car.

Please reply, PM or e-mail me if interested, would be very happy to find some kite buddies SS$$ "?%#

Thanks
Alina
Alina
Joey
Joey

Re: 'Business' trip to SF - looking for kite buddies

Postby NorCalNomad » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:07 pm

So far next week doesn't look too amazing for not storm kiting (so not really beginner friendly even at Alameda). But if it's a decent day at Alameda during the work week I'll be there.
Listing gear is bad, and you should feel bad.
NorCalNomad
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby rolla_rage » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:33 pm

Yeah, weekend is looking pretty dead. Tues looks like storm weather, maybe a little mellower session on Wed or TH. I unfortunately have to work, but Alameda is a fairly beginner-friendly place - long sand beach (tho smaller than usual this time of year due to winter erosion) and sandy bottom, relatively flat and shallow at mid-low tide too. There is a string of rocks between the two buoys - only a prob at lower tides, tho always avoid the areas right around the buoys. If there is wind there is usually someone out to help launch/land. Happy Kiting,
-J
rolla_rage
Joey
Joey

Postby Alina » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:57 am

thanks for your replies & info! I hope I'll find someone for commuting and then be definitely in Alameda next weekend or during the work week depending on my working hours.
Alina
Joey
Joey

Return to Carpools & Group Sessions