GOOD NEWS AFTER 4 Years

Reunite gear with owners here.
bhsu24
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
GOOD NEWS AFTER 4 Years

Post by bhsu24 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:33 pm

I posted in May of 2006 a kite that was stolen out of my car when it was broken into and I had pretty much given up on ever seeing it again :pray: . Until a buddy of mine saw on craigslist that a kite similar to mine was up for sale. when i clicked on the link it had expired which motivated me to do a search of my own to my amazement :o there was one result and it was the same model and size that was stolen. so i sent the posting to all my close friends who i ride with and they all responded as well as me to the add requesting to come and look at it.

So this past sunday i went to this persons house with a buddy of mine and the second the kite came out of the bag i knew it was mine. the kite that was stolen had very distinct rust marks on the white underside. those marks where immediately visible when the kite was removed from the bag. :o :o

After a little bullshit about being interested in the kite my buddy told him that this kite has been stolen, and that it is mine. So i chimed in and told him we can do this two ways i can call the police and let them situate the transaction or u can just give me back my kite. he promptly said there was no need to get the cops involved. The seller initially said that he got it from a buddy of his and then by the end he said he got in at a garage sale.

So after 4 years of thinking ill never see it again i was reunited almost exactly 4 years ago. The kite is still in the exact condition that it was 4 years ago still crispy a little dirty and dusty from the last time i used it 4 years ago. looks like it was never used the lines were still attached exactly how it was 4 years ago when i rode it last.

:D =D> :dance: :clap:
Bryan

consumer
Regular
Regular

Post by consumer » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:08 pm

Any chance it was a cab xbow? Some sleazeball wanted to sell me one at Alameda two months ago. Told me he found it in his trunk of his newly purchased vehicle from an auction...?

Posted with TouchBB on my iPhone

bhsu24
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: GOOD NEWS AFTER 4 Years

Post by bhsu24 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:34 pm

no it is a peter lynn venom 13m
Bryan

jbirdmarin
Regular
Regular

Post by jbirdmarin » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:24 pm

if you think that douchebag stole it, why not expose him? He'll just keep looking for more "opportunities"

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:18 pm

Many years ago- I busted this dude with my stolen surfboard (after being gone about 4 years)...
The second I spotted it I dropped my board and ran a 1/4 mile down the beach before I took the guy down,, but he was whining so loud covering his head with both arms, I didn't have the heart to really beat his a$$.... Besides he seemed like such a pussy I figured he wasn't the one who actually stole it..

By the time my board was recovered it was trashed but the fact I got it back felt good anyway-- SOB!!

L.M.G.