Stolen '07 Best Yarga 9m

Reunite gear with owners here.
j.dub
Joey
Joey
Stolen '07 Best Yarga 9m

Post by j.dub » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:27 pm

of all things the theives could've taken, our two 2-week new 9m best yarga (red with blue wing-tip) was stolen from our car while parked at jack london in oakland this evening. apparently OPD doesnt deal with car break-ins and a citizen stake-out is not advisable (though tempting), perhaps the kite will turn up somewhere... any leads is very much appreciated.

many thanks.

jenny

beachcarolyn2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by beachcarolyn2 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:50 pm

my friends car was broken into at 3rd Ave 2 weeks ago on a Sunday, and wallets stolen. I had not read anything warning people about theiving in kitebaording areas, but i guess sadly, it does happen everywhere.

josha
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by josha » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:58 pm

oh man, that's insane! did they take anything else or just the kite? make sure watch craigslist and ebay, and make sure the local shops know about this.

wow, is anyone else disheartened that OPD doesn't deal with car break-ins? did you look around to see if there are any private CCTVs that might have caught something?

ramsey
Resident
Resident

Post by ramsey » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:35 am

From my experience SFPD doesn't do anything either. I had a 16m kite stolen last year and they told me i was SOL. renters or homeowners insurance covers it though.

j.dub
Joey
Joey

Post by j.dub » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:31 pm

thanks. might claim homeowners insurance as visa purchase protection doesnt cover car theft. still, it hurts...