Found Slingshot bar at 3rd Ave Upper Launch

Reunite gear with owners here.
Thibaud
Joey
Joey
Found Slingshot bar at 3rd Ave Upper Launch

Post by Thibaud » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:39 pm

There's a Slingshot bar left behind at 3rd Ave Upper Launch. It has a "clamcleat racing" on it. No phone number. I left it there with two sandbags in front (to hide from thieves walking by) with a red ribbon so you can spot it. From the golf parking, walk to the first garbage can of the launch area, a few more yards, and make a left towards the wooden benches.

Zhirafovod
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Found Slingshot bar at 3rd Ave Upper Launch

Post by Zhirafovod » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:50 am

Thanks Thibaud, I have just picked it up. Was there yesterday after dark with my dog for the bar rescue before reading BAK. My dog found a skunk sooner than the bar and we had to cancel the operation II&& ((:

BTW, the reason I forgot the bar - I was launching a kite for a quite experienced guy yesterday and one of his steering lines slipped away right after launch leading to a kite crash. And right next to it another guy asked me to land his kite, but just dropped it 10 feet upwind from me and the kite dangerously relaunched dragging him like 10 feet. So I completely forgot what I was doing before (: So a good reminder to all of us - refresh your safety 101 in mind, especially if you are an experienced one and have not thought about it for a while.

Thibaud
Joey
Joey

Re: Found Slingshot bar at 3rd Ave Upper Launch

Post by Thibaud » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:25 pm

I'm glad you re-united with your bar.

BTW - I didn't know what the protocol was for found gear - wether to take it with me, post it on forum, and ask the owner to describe the bar to prove ownership, or to leave it there hoping the owner will come back before thieves take it. I decided to leave it there and hide it enough for thieves but not too much for you. Glad it worked.