my blade sanchez has been recovered

Reunite gear with owners here.
cncor
Contributor
Contributor
my blade sanchez has been recovered

Post by cncor » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:12 pm

Had a great session till I lost my board again anyhow I checked at Boardsports and it has not showed up yet. So if anyone finds it my name and number is on the top front. Chris (510)715-7073 thanks
Attachments
kiteboard.jpg
kiteboard.jpg (416.83KiB)Viewed 9482 times
Last edited by cncor on Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

reyrivera
Old School
Old School

Re: I lost a blade sanchez last thursday at alameda

Post by reyrivera » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:02 am

was this the same board you lost and found early august?
https://www.bayareakiteboarding.com/for ... 54&p=91149

+*!@ It's not dirty enough so you had to lose it again? +*!@

cncor
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cncor » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:38 pm

Yeah I even put some reflective red and white tape on it on both sides. The tape that is on the back of truck trailers . I put the tape on for better visibility. I looked for it this morning walked the beach all the way down to the bridge. Tomorrow I am checking the other side. There was another board lost that day no sign of that one either. Lost it mid tide , tide going out and I was not out past the bay farm point.

reyrivera
Old School
Old School

Post by reyrivera » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:39 pm

I've lost two boards there so here's a few tips.

I've lost skimboards and surfboards after that, and so far have successfully recovered 100% with this technique.

If you get yarded, cannot recover, and lost track of your board. Make a note on where you lost your board, distance relative to the beach, and mark that position. Having a pair of binoculars come in really handy.

Walk all the way to the end of the beach by the post office towards the last jetty before the bird sanctuary.

Slowly work your way back up and scan for your board between the beach and distance you think you've lost it. Chances are, the board will be closer to shore.

Also, check the beach as well. Sometimes, somebody recovers the board and drops it on the beach or lay it near the fence.

If you cannot find it and need to come back the next day. First area to check is the boneyard. If you don't know where that is. That area is a bird sanctuary, and there is a pathway behind the houses at the end of the street. If you have a paddle board, you have a better chance of finding your board paddling out in that area. I have actually done that looking for my board and have recovered a few boards and returned to their owners.

At this point, you will need to look harder because the board would be covered in mud. Since you have a dark board, it will be difficult to find it.

cncor
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cncor » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:48 pm

Thanks Rey
I walked from the boats on the other side of the bridge up through the bird sanctuary with binoculars . I think that you are correct being a dark board and the possibility of being covered with mud will make it hard to see. I looked Sunday and Monday morning both sides with no sign of any boards.

ozreiuosn
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ozreiuosn » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:42 am

While you're out there looking for yours, keep an eye out for some bright orange fins and handle bar. Lo)%

My board went missing nearly 2 weeks ago and I searched that beach up and down, including the bay farm island shoreline.

I figured in the worst case scenario (or far fetched perhaps) is that it washed up at the MLK shoreline. The day I had free to check down there they had closed off the parking lot because of the Raiders preseason game.

Maybe yours has gone down that far.

I've also heard of stories where the board shows up like 3 months later. (shrug)

cncor
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cncor » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:56 pm

Yeah we lost our boards on the same day! I looked from mlk park all the way to the ferry terminal and from the boats to the bird sanctuary and the beach. If I find anything I will post it here and find it's owner.

Actually considering buying some type of tracking device for my next board.

jwest21
SFBA Member
SFBA Member

Post by jwest21 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:04 pm

I've used the ReyRivera style technique to recover my board before, and found another's along the way. But to add to his technique, once you've given up on finding your poor board out in the water, look directly downwind and find a landmark on the beach, then look directly toward the direction of the waves, and find another landmark. It's very likely to end up somewhere between those two points, then travel slowly along the beach toward the sanctuary.

If both those points seem to indicate going into the channel or onto the Bay Farm Island, good luck.
Sold all my gear; ebbs and flows; see you next season.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein

cncor
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cncor » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:20 am

Update
I recieved a phone call from a gentleman today who found my board on the beach. I offered him a 6 pack and some lunch however he did not want anything. Anyhow I just picked it up from his plumbing repair shop on encinal ave. STOKED! It is really cool that honest people still exist. Thanks everyone for all the help.

ozreiuosn
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: my blade sanchez has been recovered

Post by ozreiuosn » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:05 am

Lucky! and congrats!