Lost "Dingy Guy" (safety pin) from Wainman carrot bar

Reunite gear with owners here.
jana
Joey
Joey
Lost "Dingy Guy" (safety pin) from Wainman carrot bar

Post by jana » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:04 pm

I have lost the dingy guy (the pin which holds your harness hooked to the bar) at Alameda yesterday. Any chance somebody found it?

Any idea where this spare part can be bought?

Anybody riding unhooked (or have a spare bar) and would not mind to give/lend/sell the the dingy guy to me?

Also, does anybody have a problem with the plastic shaft on the bar? Mine is somehow getting off at the loop end which did not really bother me until yesterday when the safety leash has been deployed for the first time (it deployed since the dingy guy was not in place). I cannot pull the control line back to normal since the knot is stuck at the point where the plastic tube is coming off its place.

See the picture: http://www.airpadrekiteboarding.com/sit ... ines-2.jpg

Dingy guy is the bottom pin and the beginning of the plastic shaft can be seen on the top.

Thanks!!!

amir
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Lost "Dingy Guy" (safety pin) from Wainman carrot bar

Post by amir » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:16 pm

etxxz
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by etxxz » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:44 pm

el gato los pantalones?

you can find many replacements online that velcro to/around your chicken loop in the $10-20 range. That or you can make your own from rope and vinyl tubing.. of any shape, size, girth or color that you like.

Col.kiteman
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Col.kiteman » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:46 pm

Send me a pm. Im sure i have one laying around ur welcome to have. If u never wanna come unhooked then the older chicken loop works better, as the dingy is fixed. U can slways get crafty and make one that would probably work just as good if not better than the velcro one. I guess that makes me a pretty satisfied customer if the dingy guy is my only gripe re: any of the 2.0 kites. This is coming from a kite addict with a 7 kite wainman quiver. With one in every size (basically 2 quivers) ill be riding them untill they shred and probably replace them. They have treated me well, and i can't find much negative things to say about the kites. Let me know.

kitenaked
Old School
Old School

Post by kitenaked » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:23 pm

We have them in stock at our shop in Benicia
Chris

Kite Naked
Benicia Kite and Paddle Sports
4562 East 2nd Street, Unit J & K
Benicia, CA 94510

209-304-2200