/BAK

A nearly two year endeavor where I set out to create a new and better composite hydrofoil. Read the full story here, and become a launch customer today!

Moderator: BayAreaKite

/BAK

Postby BayAreaKite » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:38 am

Bay Area Kiteboarding has been an incredibly rewarding side project for me. I really enjoyed the branding project when I first took over, and look forward to the annual clothing order every year, regardless of how many hats or t-shirts I sell. I’ve met amazing people in the industry, and love the connection to the kite community. However, I’m not a developer and sadly the site has not kept up with the pace of technology. It’s sad to see so many kiteboarding questions and comments on various Facebook groups, which are gone the next day and not continued resources for the community, but I completely understand why.

I have a lot of ideas for BAK, but I need time and money to execute them. Not being a software or web developer, I have to finance the projects with cash, not time or hard labor as in the case of Project Cedrus. My plan is to reinvest some of the profits, if any, back into the site. Project Cedrus will remain the priority, and it will take me time to find developers willing and able to explore the possibilities, especially at below SF/Bay Area fair market rates. So I request your patience as I continue support BAK, and hopefully we can keep this amazing [free] resource for the kite community.

That being said, I’d like to thank all forum sponsors over the last few years who helped keep this site going after I took over form Ollie: Bellingham Kite Paddle Surf, Boardsports, Cabrinha, Exotikite, F-One/BAKS, iKitesurf, KGB, Liquid Force, Ocean Rodeo, Ozone, Palapas Ventana, and Sensi Graves. Your support has helped cover the hosting fees, crazy California taxes, gear costs, and other business related expenses over the last 5 years. In many ways, you also financed Project Cedrus, which probably wouldn’t exist without my involvement in BAK.
Pismo.jpg
Project Cedrus @ 2017 KiteXpo
Pismo.jpg (193.64 KiB) Viewed 417 times
BayAreaKite
Site Admin
Site Admin
SFBA Member
SFBA Member

Return to The Story