Lessons in LaVentana?

This forum is for new kiters/beginners to share info and experiences and to get answers to kiting questions. All questions are valid.
Forum rules
This forum is for new kiters/beginners to share info and experiences and to get answers to kiting questions. All questions are valid. Please provide proper answers (no sarcasm/joke replies, etc.) as we'd like to avoid any confusion or misinformation.
highvoltj
Contributor
Contributor
Lessons in LaVentana?

Post by highvoltj » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:39 am

Greeting's all, I am contemplating a venture "South of the Border" for some kiteboarding lesson's, and I was wondering if anyone here has been to LaVentana and would offer some Pearls of Wisdom as to the school's there, the conditions, and best time to go...I have experience in windsurfing and beach-kiting with a mountain board, but out of respect for the sport, I want to take legit lesson's and feel confident out there in the water! Anyone's input is greatly appreciated. Also, I am more into camping than a 4-start hotel! ;-)
Have a Great Day!!! XZSD

KGB Kiteboarding
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Lessons in LaVentana?

Post by KGB Kiteboarding » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:48 am

John, Have a great trip to Baja... from what you say I am certain that you'll love it!
It's a great place to get started kiting in the water but make sure you give yourself at least a week in town!
We are here to help so please let me know if I can be of help to you with getting all your travel the details/etc worked out.
Warm winds!
Last edited by KGB Kiteboarding on Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KGB Kiteboarding
Kite shop & IKO Center
3310 Powell St
Emeryville, CA 94608

KGB Westside-By Jason Reyes
Lessons Only
400 Sierra Point Pkwy
Brisbane, CA 94005

(888)411-0732
1pm-6pm Daily April-Sept
http://www.kgbswag.com
info@kgbswag.com

le noun
Old School
Old School

Post by le noun » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:19 am

highvoltj wrote:I was wondering if anyone here has been to LaVentana
I think a couple of guys on this forum have been down there...
I hear they get descent wind in August during hurricane season. Lo)%

But seriously, yea, just go, tons of accommodation, super friendly side onshore winds, white sand, cheap/good seafood and all of it only 3 hours plane ride from SF.
Season is from October to march which is why a lot of the riders here go down there: it coincides with our off season here. You'll probably meet a good chunk of riders from the bay area!
Do a little research on this forum about la ventana and you'll find tons of info and recommendations.

Cheers.
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

WindMuch
Site CoAdmin
Site CoAdmin

Post by WindMuch » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:19 pm

I recommend Nat Lincoln of Edge Kiteboarding. He's down there for the season and can be reached via the following:

Nat Lincoln - Edge Kiteboarding
edgekiteboarding@yahoo.com
(775) 721-1132

Kirk out