Beginner friend headed to Sherman..?

This forum is for new kiters/beginners to share info and experiences and to get answers to kiting questions. All questions are valid.
Forum rules
This forum is for new kiters/beginners to share info and experiences and to get answers to kiting questions. All questions are valid. Please provide proper answers (no sarcasm/joke replies, etc.) as we'd like to avoid any confusion or misinformation.
kitesmurf
Joey
Joey
Beginner friend headed to Sherman..?

Post by kitesmurf » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:02 pm

Hi - I am headed to Sherman this weekend to kite and shoot. I have a friend coming down from Portland who is a beginner. I've only been kiting at Sherman once in the past and I know it is not a beginner spot. But can you guys tell me if there is a safer area for him to ride, in or around Sherman. I faintly remember a 2nd launch spot as you drive up before the gate that looked more beginner friendly. He can stay up wind, but I don't want him to get hurt or take chances with others around...

kitecrazy
Regular
Regular

Re: Beginner friend headed to Sherman..?

Post by kitecrazy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:40 pm

LIttle baja launch site is being cleaned up for the winter this weekend. the Little baja crew will be around saturday morning with trucks and equipment. It will be less beginner friendly as we'll be working and removing the carpet.
The area just before the gate to the county park is windsurf launch only.
LIttle baja is the get-out if you get washed downwind from the county park. If you get washed downwind from little baja, you have rocks to contend with and need to ditch yoru kite in the water.

kitesmurf
Joey
Joey

Re: Beginner friend headed to Sherman..?

Post by kitesmurf » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:58 pm

Ok - cool. Thanks for the info. That helps a lot. Maybe I'll check on a boat from Edge or someone else if there are any. He may be better off that way... See you up there -