Packing for a ventana kiting trip

Want to plan a kiting trip? Just got back from one? Post you experiences, questions and information here.
joekitetime
Joey
Joey
Re: Packing for a ventana kiting trip

Post by joekitetime » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:10 am

Ok, I'm a dork so I hope I'm doing this correctly. I wished I would have seen this forum before I went to Palapas La Ventana last week. Place is awesome and so is Tim.

We flew our plane down so that was nice. Shuttle that Tim arranged was waiting for us at the airport and same to pick is up, $80 each way. I flew a 9m the entire time - 5 days of wind and 2 days to rest plus 2 travel days.

Palapas is sweet for sure, they take care of you. They seem expensive per person compared to baja joes but I looked around a baja joes and it seemed like dorm style vacationing which for a tight wad like me would have been fine. You get what you pay for at palapas though and I was very satisfied (2 meals a day and they were at my beck and call for any amenity).

Anyway, we can take 4 in our plane so looking to fill it up for next trip. The fuel was $800 plus about $100 each at customs.

WindMuch
Site CoAdmin
Site CoAdmin

Post by WindMuch » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:33 pm

Wow, sounds like you had a great time down there.

Is there a time you're thinking of for the next trip? I'm interested.

Kirk out

tomerp
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by tomerp » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:51 am

I agree. Palapas Ventana is great and Tim is a super awesome host. Let us know when your next trip is (I assume it would be end of this year or beginning of next year?), I may be interested in joining the plane-pool
joekitetime wrote:Ok, I'm a dork so I hope I'm doing this correctly. I wished I would have seen this forum before I went to Palapas La Ventana last week. Place is awesome and so is Tim.

We flew our plane down so that was nice. Shuttle that Tim arranged was waiting for us at the airport and same to pick is up, $80 each way. I flew a 9m the entire time - 5 days of wind and 2 days to rest plus 2 travel days.

Palapas is sweet for sure, they take care of you. They seem expensive per person compared to baja joes but I looked around a baja joes and it seemed like dorm style vacationing which for a tight wad like me would have been fine. You get what you pay for at palapas though and I was very satisfied (2 meals a day and they were at my beck and call for any amenity).

Anyway, we can take 4 in our plane so looking to fill it up for next trip. The fuel was $800 plus about $100 each at customs.