Should I buy kite gear in Argentina?

Want to plan a kiting trip? Just got back from one? Post you experiences, questions and information here.
jhz
Joey
Joey
Should I buy kite gear in Argentina?

Post by jhz » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:01 pm

I am going to travel in Argentina this winter and am planning to begin my kiting life down there. I have absolutely no experience kite boarding but have been intrigued for years. I am a beginner windsurfer and have tried out a training kite once.
I have found some schools that teach kite boarding near Buenos Aires, however, I understand there is a very popular giant resevoir at Cuesta del Viento more inland.
Would anyone have suggestions on whether or not it is a good idea to wait and buy kiting gear in Argentina vs buying used gear in the US first?
My hopes and thoughts were it may be cheaper down there... but this may be too new a sport perhaps for peso deals...
Any toughs/insights would be much appreciated on gear or destinations!

Thanks!
:)

eraffini
Joey
Joey

Re: Should I buy kite gear in Argentina?

Post by eraffini » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:55 pm

yeah, definitely bring your own gear down. I took lessons down there at the beach - Mar del Plata as well as on the River.. But was glad that I had my own gear. It's much cheaper here in the US... but it's likely the lessons will be cheaper...

GerritL2K
Joey
Joey

Re: Should I buy kite gear in Argentina?

Post by GerritL2K » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:49 pm

I agree,

It will be cheaper to buy your gear in the USA and bring it to Argentina with you. I can get you in touch with a shop near Buenos Aires for last minute items when you are there but you will find the gear to be more expensive. We can set you up with a Golf style bag that will allow you to bring your gear on the plane without an oversized bag rate. Come on by Live2kite or give us a call and we can give you all the info you will need to get started and offer you the best deals you will find anywhere.

Best regards,

Gerrit
live2kite
info@live2kite.com