I'll be in Nags Head, NC (30 miles north of Waves) from 6/27-7/4. Does anyone have any advice on kiting the Outer Banks or can point me in the direction of where to find some info? I'm going down with family (that don't kite). So, if anyone wants a riding buddy, please PM me! I'm roughly an intermediate kiter (or maybe advanced beginner).
It looks like the wind is almost always S or SSW in the summer. Specifically, I'm trying to figure out:
- Where is the best place to kite near Nags Head? Windmill Point? Other? (I probably won't be driving 40 mins to Waves every day, so somewhere closer would be great).
- Are there any forums, etc. where I can meet up with people to ride with? Or can anyone recommend a supported downwinder outfit where I can join up with others?
- Where is the closest place to ride on the oceanside in S wind? I'll probably spend most time on the soundside, but it might be fun to check out some waves 1 or 2 days.
- If I were to decide to take an intermediate lesson, who should I contact?
- Anything else I should know or anything epic that I just should not miss?
I know that's a lot of questions. Thanks in advance for the help!
I found this article on downwinders there.
http://www.sbckiteboard.com/travel_guid ... niqid=1071