California Kitesurfing Trip (from August 16-23)

Want to plan a kiting trip? Just got back from one? Post you experiences, questions and information here.
marteduar
Joey
Joey
California Kitesurfing Trip (from August 16-23)

Post by marteduar » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:47 pm

Hi everyone!!

My name is Edu.. I am from Venezuela but right now I am living in Barcelona – Spain.

I used to surf in Venezuela, but here in Barcelona there are not so much waves, so I decide to start Kitesurfing, and definitely I love it!!

This summer, I have to go to LA for work, and I am planning to stay one week more to do Kitesurf Trip around California Coast…

I just looking for any help that you can give me, this could be:

* Information, about good spots to Kitesurf; good places to go or see; and of course nice places to go party!!
* Host me in your house, this would be great!!... and more if you live near good kitesurf spots..
* Join me in my trip!! This would be also really good thing for me because I am planning to go alone, so nice company is always good received. This could be also join me in a part of my trip, or in meet up in some place..
* Invite me to join you in beaches or spots near your house
* Going party with me in everywhere

More or less my plan is to rent a car, and travel from LA to San Francisco, looking for every nice spot or beach in the coast between those 2 cities.

ANY RECOMMENDATION WILL BE WELL RECEIVED!!

The dates for my trip are from August 16 – 23.

I hope to receive a lot of help from you guys.. I am pretty exited about this trip, and anything that you can do for me will be great!

Bye.. and hope to see you soon somewhere in California.

Kite Fast… Live Slow…

Good Wind

Edu

adamrod
Old School
Old School

Post by adamrod » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:28 am

I'm sure people can add to this, but I'll get you started...

Between LA and SF, you have

C Street
Pismo Beach
Waddell Creek

once in SF, you have all the spots that are listed on this site...

don't forget to bring a wetsuit. the ocean water is cold (especially compared to where you're from)
Liquid Force Kites/Boards
ShredReady Helmets