Anybody know about kiting Kauai Hi??

Want to plan a kiting trip? Just got back from one? Post you experiences, questions and information here.
Fassn8
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Fassn8 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:21 pm

Just got back from 2 weeks in Kauai. Had a couple days on my 10, but the 12 was used a lot more. If you have a surfboard bring it (or rent one). Pretty steady wind but only around 15-20 mph. PM me with any questions about the area.

glenn
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by glenn » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:53 pm

I don't think anyone has mentioned Kapaa which is a great kiting location on the east side near Lihui. You can kite the flats or the reef break. Last summer around this time I kited the reef break about 1/2 mile upwind of Kapaa flats and I had a killer session on 13M, definately one of the top five sessions of 2007!!
The waves were big. Tunnels was also great and up there it was 9M weather. ENJOY!!

Fassn8
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Fassn8 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:02 pm

On the North side check out the "Y Camp". Look for the YMCA camp sign about a mile before tunnels. Park on the neighborhood street. There's a path next the camp that takes you to the beach. Launch on the spit of sand to your right. From there you can head downwind to Tunnels.