La ventana this winter, anyone?

Want to plan a kiting trip? Just got back from one? Post you experiences, questions and information here.
OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:39 am

Blair,

I'd say do whatcha gotta do. If you have the jones to go soon and conditions are better in November, go for it. I wouldn't be able to give a firm reply on it for at least another week or two myself......

But if I could go soon, I would. :)

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:42 am

Anonymous wrote:Yeah, keep it reasonable. South Padre last month, Kauai this month, Maui in December and Baja in January. We feel your pain, OG.

I wish my wife thought that was reasonable! :wink:
Oh, um, well it's really not how it seems.....I really don't have this kind of frequency often at all. Before I started kiteboarding, I didn't take as many vacations and worked a lot, so I'm trying to catch up to come up with a decent ten-year average for a better trips/year ratio. I'll say anything to rationalize it huh? ;)

w84wind

La Ventana

Post by w84wind » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:24 pm

Cheapest way to fly is via Aero California - (800) 237-6225. Fly Southwest from Oakland to LA and then fly Aero California to La Paz. Catch a cab from La Paz to La Ventana. Skip the rental car... Baja Joes is at http://www.bajajoe.com

panzerfaust
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by panzerfaust » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:40 pm

I'm in for early January

kitekarl
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kitekarl » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:02 am

I'm lookin for a winter trip. Blair, pm me with details, maybe we can get some kind of group rate if enough of us go. I'm pretty flexible for the next 3 months.

andyandmarlys
Regular
Regular

Post by andyandmarlys » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:44 pm

I am already booked to go on Dec 14th through the 22nd.... No plans so for... No car rental or lodging... Anyone want to hook up?

I'm flying into Cabo.. Marlys is coming too.. Planning on bringing a 14 and a 10..

Andy

Windfee

Is there also a good Kitespot around San Felipe???

Post by Windfee » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:47 pm

Hey guys,

I read your threads concerning going to La Ventana and perhaps you can help me with this question: I am staying here in LA to work for two months and as the wind is really poor we want to try Mexico for one week (we start on thursday). We are already informed about car insurance, tourist card and such things but I still have no exact details about kitespots there and no time to search for them. And we don't want to go down to La Ventana because that seems a little far for just one week.

Are there any comparable spots around San Felipe (I am a big fan of warm water, so the inner Baja sounds better for me). I am quite advanced, so waves and deep water is no problem.

Thank you very much in advance for any answer,

yours ***WINDFEE***

www.martinas-world.com