Need Help...Going to the Gorge

Want to plan a kiting trip? Just got back from one? Post you experiences, questions and information here.
ledhead1191
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Need Help...Going to the Gorge

Post by ledhead1191 » Sat May 31, 2008 9:26 am

I'll be visiting the gorge for the first time in late June. I figure I'll fly into Portland (or should I fly into Dallesport?). I am not old enough to rent a car so I was wondering if there was any kind of shuttle system/public transportation that runs from Portland International to Hood River and back. I found this when I googled it: http://community.gorge.net/hrctd/ Anyone have any experience with this?

Also I'm looking for places to stay. Like I said, I won't have a car so any suggestions on a cheap place to stay with a working shower with hot water and close to where I'll be kiting would be greatly appreciated.

Anything else that you think I should know also.

Thanks in advance,
Evan

wjb
Resident
Resident

Post by wjb » Sat May 31, 2008 9:40 am

If you haven't already, post this on nwkite.com. You will get all the info you need. You may even catch a ride from a kiter headed out to Hood River.
It is obvious that we can no more explain a passion to a person who has never experienced it than we can explain light to the blind. T.S.Eliot

ledhead1191
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ledhead1191 » Sat May 31, 2008 9:49 am

thanks. That's what I should've done.