Belize

Want to plan a kiting trip? Just got back from one? Post you experiences, questions and information here.
Proparoo
Regular
Regular
Belize

Post by Proparoo » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:35 am

Hi all...

Just wanted to tell you a bit about Belize. I am spending time on the internet today as it's a bit rainy.

Unfortunately it's been raining all day and it does not look too good for most of the week, but still, we are having a great time. I went out yesterday on my 12m with Chris from Sailsports Belize on a 5 minute boat ride to tag along with a lesson. The ride was $7.00 US (great deal) and I had about an hour in 1 to 3 ft. of water... pretty strange to be standing everywhere I was...
I did want to go for a full downwinder but the wind was a bit fluky due to rain squalls so I felt best staying near the boat.
I hope to get to the back side for some flat water..
Chris is a great guy and can set you up with everything you need includeing Best Waroo's & Litewave boards..

I hope Dave and the gang are getting some good stuff in Costa Rica...

Happy Thanksgiving to all at BAK

Signing off,

Rich from Belize..

PS if you want to know more about Belize, feel free to PM me as I now know lot's more than I did....
Rich "ATOM" Baum

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:16 am

And a happy Belize navidad!

Proparoo
Regular
Regular

Post by Proparoo » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:58 pm

Well I'm back from 9 days in Belize. (3 days in the Jungle and the rest at the beach.

Unfortunately I only got a total of 2 hrs on 2 different days on my 12m.

One was on my 135 board and the latter on a Litewave 169 (totally helped)

All I can say is this would be a great place to ride when the wind blows (Jan to March)

Both times I went out it was Squalls with intermittent rain..

Still it was great and left me wanting more.

The latter session was on shore and let me ride up and down the coast right in front of the town, really fun. I made it out to the reef and rode a little swell but the wind died and I chased it back to the beach just in time for it to die.

Overall I had a great time with my family and friends, Chris from SailSports Belize was great with Downwind Boat assists for only $7.00 US and the place is great. When the sun came out it was really beautiful with great diving and fishing. We even swam with the sharks!! Really !!

So if you read this and want more info on Belize, feel free to PM me anytime and I would be happy to guide you.

To end, I don't know if we will ever go back to Belize, but it was a real adventure and a beautiful place.

I hope to get some wind cause it really wet my whistle and teased me the whole time.
Rich "ATOM" Baum