South Padre Island Texas

Want to plan a kiting trip? Just got back from one? Post you experiences, questions and information here.
KillaHz
Resident
Resident
South Padre Island Texas

Post by KillaHz » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:23 pm

Well, I did not get a whole lot of wind the first time I went there but it didn't matter much. The place has sweet mudflats for landboarding and this was actually a lot of fun. I am going again in October and hopefully the wind will be better. SPI is a definite party town during the summer season so there is no shortage of fun to be had. There were a lot of top riders and new gear when I went for the South Padre Island Rodeo and we got some good land boarding and lifestyle photos.

you can check them out here

Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

jstjohn3
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Holly Beach

Post by jstjohn3 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:31 pm

Hey, thanks for the pics, what an awesome roadtrip! In case you didn't know, If you're at SPI and it's not blowing at the Flats, chances are fairly good that it's ripping across the bay at Holly Beach. When I was there I had several fun days with Cliff and the crew from SPI Kiteboarding on GLASS at Holly when it was dead on the other side. Have a fun trip.

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Re: Holly Beach

Post by KillaHz » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:28 pm

jstjohn3 wrote:Hey, thanks for the pics, what an awesome roadtrip! In case you didn't know, If you're at SPI and it's not blowing at the Flats, chances are fairly good that it's ripping across the bay at Holly Beach. When I was there I had several fun days with Cliff and the crew from SPI Kiteboarding on GLASS at Holly when it was dead on the other side. Have a fun trip.
Yeah Holly was the only place we really got any wind while I was there. If you can deal with the smell, the place goes off.
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

skypilot

Post by skypilot » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:10 am

Here is some more info on this great spot!

http://www.skypilotkiteboarding.com/pag ... /texas.htm