Tiger Tail, Marco Island FL

Want to plan a kiting trip? Just got back from one? Post you experiences, questions and information here.
KillaHz
Resident
Resident
Tiger Tail, Marco Island FL

Post by KillaHz » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:15 pm

I was sworn to secrecy when I joined Damien Leroy and Andy Hurdman at Damiens hometown spot. As I have seem to notice this spot get named in a few other places recently, I will divulge the info to you as well. I also think you will have ahard time finding it but when you do, it will be all that more worth the trouble. Marco island is basically the first thing you hit coming off Aligator Ally from Miami. It is about an hour and a half drive due west of Miami. Drive over the bridge and follow the road to Tiget Tail park. Park in the dirt lot and start hiking north. Cross a couple of marshes and after about 45 minutes you will find yourself at a very shallow series of salt water ponds right inside of a sandbar that seperates them from the gulf. They are very shallow and butttery flat. The wind is cold and cranking when it is out of the typical northwest direction and warm and lighter on the less frequent south to wouthwest directions.

Check out some pictures of Tiger Tail here

Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...