wind in Caribbean

Want to plan a kiting trip? Just got back from one? Post you experiences, questions and information here.
Ben_Route
Joey
Joey
wind in Caribbean

Post by Ben_Route » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:55 am

Hi guys,

I want to ask you if any of has already been kiting at Caribbean? It is gonna be my first time so I would like to prepare myself and not to be disappointed over there. So please give me some tips where to find some good places, which dates are good which are bad. How strong wind is there usualy etc.

Also I am going there with some of my friends and wonderin to charter a yacht to kite not only at one place. We thought about that and it looks like we prefer much more yahct than a catamaran.

Sb has chartered a yacht there as well ? We start from USVI and going west so any info would be great.

Cheers S*urf

Tunces
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: wind in Caribbean

Post by Tunces » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:07 am

Go east from USVI first. Head to Anegada. Great beaches with protected butter-smooth water and waves on outside reefs. Just be careful when approaching Anegada from the water. Best to have a local guide or know the charts very well.
Tunces - The driving cat!

Ben_Route
Joey
Joey

Post by Ben_Route » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:21 am

Tunces wrote:Go east from USVI first. Head to Anegada. Great beaches with protected butter-smooth water and waves on outside reefs. Just be careful when approaching Anegada from the water. Best to have a local guide or know the charts very well.
I think we would rather go west from USVI. We have decided go that way and will.not all change plans. I quess you were there ( Caribbean) can you tell me sth more about that place?

tgautier
Regular
Regular

Post by tgautier » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:48 pm

When are you planning to go? We have an open spot on a chartered boat for New Years. PM me if interested.