Transportation options from SJD to La Ventana

Want to plan a kiting trip? Just got back from one? Post you experiences, questions and information here.
jaybuff
Joey
Joey
Transportation options from SJD to La Ventana

Post by jaybuff » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:41 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm putting together a last minute solo trip to La Ventana. I'm planning on flying into SJD on Christmas day and heading out Dec. 30th. What are my best options for transportation from the airport to La Ventana?

I've never been and I don't speak spanish, so I'm a bit nervous about driving it alone. If anyone is up for a carpool, that'd be great. Hertz has cheap cars for $40/day.

Thanks!
Jay

metabon
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Transportation options from SJD to La Ventana

Post by metabon » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:57 am

There's some useful information in this thread from early last year:

Transportation to La Ventana

Last time I went, I found last-minute ride shares in both directions through the Ventana View mailing list: ventana.view2@gmail.com. The list also has good general info on what's going on in LV. Have a good trip!

jaybuff
Joey
Joey

Post by jaybuff » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:41 pm

Thanks for the reply! I signed up for the ventana view mailing list. I also found a $60 each way trip:

http://www.la-ventana.info/t443-local-s ... z-and-cabo

Rakky
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rakky » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:40 pm

I was in Cabo over Thanksgiving. Rented a car with Hertz, but be aware that the basic liability insurance is cheap. Bumper to bumper coverage adds about $50 per day more. My small crappy car with the full coverage insurance and taxes (approx 30%) came to about $85/day!!
Also, don't fall for all the tourism salesmen jumping at you when you land in SJD. I was taken aback, and suckered into some stupid deal, even though the dude did not work for Hertz! Bad way to learn.

Rakky
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rakky » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:40 pm

I was in Cabo over Thanksgiving. Rented a car with Hertz, but be aware that the basic liability insurance is cheap. Bumper to bumper coverage adds about $50 per day more. My small crappy car with the full coverage insurance and taxes (approx 30%) came to about $85/day!!
Also, don't fall for all the tourism salesmen jumping at you when you land in SJD. I was taken aback, and suckered into some stupid deal, even though the dude did not work for Hertz! Bad way to learn.