OBX - great accomodation in Avon

Want to plan a kiting trip? Just got back from one? Post you experiences, questions and information here.
flyslo
Joey
Joey
OBX - great accomodation in Avon

Post by flyslo » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:00 pm

I just got back from a kiteboarding trip to the OBX. It was absolutely fantastic with great wind and waves. Very nice place to kite with everything your hearth desires: from the mellowest beginner spot to high-adrenaline big waves beach - everything is there.

The only difficult part for us was finding a place to stay. Almost all the rentals out there are big houses or condos, which are great if you come with a big group but outrageously expensive if you only need a room for one or two people. The few motels they have there were pretty nasty - at least the ones that we were able to find. We lucked out though and found a place on craigslist. An online professor rents out one floor in her house. We paid 70$ per room and night but I believe it is cheaper in the off season. There is a small kitchen, BBQ, laundry, outdoor shower, a huge porch with a hot tub and lots of privacy. The house is just a couple hundred feet from the beach. We were really stoked to find the place and I just wanted to spread the word. Here is a link:

https://www.facebook.com/OBXWRTIERSRETREAT

Have fun .....