Felix and Dimitri Eclipse Demos all week in the Bay Area

Please make all commercial, shop and industry postings here.
KillaHz
Resident
Resident
Re: Felix and Dimitri Eclipse Demos all week in the Bay Area

Post by KillaHz » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:59 pm

We are going to Crissy right now 3:00
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:42 am

Dimitri and I will be heading to OB for a morning sesh around 11:00 if anyone would like to join us and try out the wave dedicated, Kima Kite.

We will move to 3rd around 2:00 for an all afternoon demo with NorCal Burlingame who we are proud to say will be carrying Eclipse kites for our Peninsula kite brothas.

Some photos from the demo at Crissy yesterday. Thanks to everyone who came out and test rode the kites.
Attachments
IMG_0533.jpg
IMG_0533.jpg (290.8KiB)Viewed 7050 times
IMG_0542.jpg
Finally, our new bars arrived by the boat load!!!
IMG_0542.jpg (318.73KiB)Viewed 7046 times
IMG_0584.jpg
IMG_0584.jpg (318.03KiB)Viewed 7041 times
IMG_0640.jpg
IMG_0640.jpg (218.13KiB)Viewed 7046 times
Gabe Brown

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:24 am

We're at OB now until the end of the day. Wind is filling in already and the waves are small and clean.
Gabe Brown

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:22 pm

Sweet day at OB! Started out being able to ride 9m kites but that didn't last very long. 6m Kima was the call for the day. Our 6m Kima's didn't touch the ground for hours. In one persons hands, out on the water then into the next persons hands. People were riding the 4m Kima at the end of the afternoon and loving it.

Lot's of new Kima riders after today. That kite eats up the gusts and rips the waves.

Dimitri was out there early in the morning busting passes high up in front of seal rock. I'll be there tomorrow but it is supposed to be even windier. I'll have the 6m and 4m Kima out.
Attachments
IMG_0708.jpg
Dimitri on the 12m Thruster lit and going big
IMG_0708.jpg (238.7KiB)Viewed 6939 times
IMG_0712.jpg
IMG_0712.jpg (284.04KiB)Viewed 6938 times
Gabe Brown

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:58 am

Thank you everyone for coming out and riding with us and for all the great things you had to say about the Kima. These kites are like DImitri's children and he is a very proud Dad. He is leaving today and was really happy to have met you all and really happy about all the positive response to the kites.

Should you be interested in more demos or want to purchase an Eclipse kite, contact NorCal Burlingame (WOW Kite) http://norcalsurfshop.com or 650-348-9283

Felix Pivec will be coming out at the end of the month and we will do some more wave demos/clinics and maybe make it out to the delta for a BBQ. Dimitri will be back this summer.

Thanks for coming out!
Gabe Brown

J-GAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by J-GAR » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:29 am

Thanks Gabe and Dimitri for the demo yesterday of the 6m Kima at Ocean Beach. What an awesome wave riding kite! I had a great time riding and also hanging out talking with you guys. Also it was great to see Dimitri busting huge airs on the 8m Thruster when the wind must have been gusting to 40. Dimitri is super cool and even offered to let me try his personal custom directional. Here is a review I wrote up for the Kima:

"Just had my first ride on the 6m Kima at Ocean Beach near San Francisco, CA. What an amazing wave riding kite! Definitely need one of these in your quiver. I have been riding for 10 years many brands and style of kites and this was my first time on an Eclipse kite. This is easily the best wave kite I have ridden and has excellent build quality, durability, and graphics. Thanks to Dimitri and Gabe for the demo. The conditions were gusty averaging low to mid 20s and gusting to low 30s when I went out with large choppy swell. The kite was very smooth, stable, and predictable the whole time and munched up the gusts. The kite turns very smooth and fast and makes bottom turns and turns on the waves effortless. The kite never felt like it would yank you off your edge at any time, very nice power and depower. It drifts incredibly well and never showed any tendencies to fall or stall even as you are riding toward the kite. This made it super easy to actually surf the wave with the kite depowered. The Kima seems to always be instinctively ready for your next input and exhibits all the great characteristics needed in a wave riding kite." :character-beavisbutthead:

mkramer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mkramer » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:49 am

OB
Attachments
0008.JPG
0008.JPG (67.74KiB)Viewed 6898 times
0007.JPG
0007.JPG (102.6KiB)Viewed 6898 times