Affordable Kite Rentals – Free Shipping

Please make all commercial, shop and industry postings here.
Kiter287
Joey
Joey
Affordable Kite Rentals – Free Shipping

Post by Kiter287 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:45 am

Hi All-
We just launched a kiteboarding company called Demo A Kite. We enable customers to rent kites online and provide free return shipping to any location in US. Our goal is to increases the accessibility of kiteboarding in locations that don't have a shop and enable kiters to demo the latest models for an affordable weekly rate to help them decide what to purchase.

If you are interested in trying a 2016 kite for a week or are travelling on a vacation and don't want to pack your kites, DemoAKite.com can send new kites to you.

I'm interested to hear feedback as well - I know I've met a few of you kiting this summer.
Attachments
Screenshot_small.jpg
Screenshot_small.jpg (59.42KiB)Viewed 3786 times

Red_Element_Andy
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Affordable Kite Rentals – Free Shipping

Post by Red_Element_Andy » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:55 am

Really cool idea, and a very compelling price point (for those that haven't browsed the site, it's $150/week + $50/bar).

You might want to make the design a little more obvious in the FAQ - the question/answer pairs are slightly off-centered - making it unclear that the text blocks correspond to the leftmost questions. My intuition told me to click those questions, but they are static.

Also - what lead times do you deal with? As an intermediate/advanced kiter, my pain points are those edge-cases - I have a 7/9/12 + board + golf bag; but would love to rent a foil/surfboard/LW kite as a 'trip saver' if the forecast 1-week is not looking good. But, to get a better understanding of that, I would need to know the shipping/lead times, as well as the eligible countries.

-A

Kiter287
Joey
Joey

Re: Affordable Kite Rentals – Free Shipping

Post by Kiter287 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:45 pm

Thanks for the feedback Andy. I had the team fix the FAQ page. For lead time, it is currently 3 days depending on location in the US.