Lease a Kite through Ocean Rodeo

Please make all commercial, shop and industry postings here.
orsales
Contributor
Contributor
Re: Lease a Kite through Ocean Rodeo

Post by orsales » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:20 am

Hey there BAK - I apologize for not posting here often enough but our brand has been a long time supporter of the site so I get a hall pass, right? Anyway, answers are below!
le noun wrote:I wonder what happens once you start getting scratches and holes through the year...
Great question. We expect the kites to be used but not abused. You get one major accident a year covered for a base cost of $79 but otherwise, if the kite comes back looking like it was used for a year but well looked after there are no charges...

FWIW, we have actively re-sold used kites through a number of our dealers for years and have a very good idea of the average re-sale value of kites in various conditions of use / abuse, we priced this all into the model.
wjb wrote:Is this a lease or a purchase plan?
It's a bit of both. We figure a well cared for - but used - kite that is 1 year old re-sells for about 50% of the original MSRP. So, we give those consumers who like to roll their kites annually a chance to lease that same kite for roughly 60% of MSRP, meaning they pay less up front and save the hassle of re-sale later and pay a small premium for the service.

For those who like the kite or who wish to take 12 months to buy it there is the optional end of lease buyout that equates to a roughly 10% premium above normal MSRP. Meaning, you can take 12 months to pay for your kite or kites and pay a modest premium.
Col.kiteman wrote:Just like solar city, taking away work and profits of local businesses by using their capital to lease out their product
Far from it! Please don't think that of our company. In fact, this program was developed in conjunction with our local retailers, 100% of whom can offer this program to you!

If you wish to lease a kite, contact any one of our local retailers and we can arrange to lease to you through them. We pay the retailer a referral fee that is almost equal to what they would make if they sold the kite outright. In fact, when we 1st proposed this to our dealer base we weren't even sure it was a good idea but it was our dealers who really pushed us hard to get this program up and running in time for the spring.

If you have any questions, please shoot away. I will do my best to monitor this thread!

~ John Z - OR
Converting the world one rider at a time. Welcome to the Crew!

Ron
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Ron » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:49 pm

Completely supportive of this program. The only downside is that it's a 1 year plan when the season is clearly half that in the bay area. Kinda sucks to pay in winter when the kite is unused. What about a 6 month lease at a slightly higher monthly payment?

Ron
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Ron » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:50 pm

Completely supportive of this program. The only downside is that it's a 1 year plan when the season is clearly half that in the bay area. Kinda sucks to pay in winter when the kite is unused. What about a 6 month lease at a slightly higher monthly payment?

Tony Soprano
Resident
Resident

Post by Tony Soprano » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:01 pm

Ron wrote:Completely supportive of this program. The only downside is that it's a 1 year plan when the season is clearly half that in the bay area. Kinda sucks to pay in winter when the kite is unused. What about a 6 month lease at a slightly higher monthly payment?
Kite boarding is available in the San Francisco bay area all 12 months of the year, at least it is for me and all the others I kite with all winter long.

orsales
Contributor
Contributor

Post by orsales » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:55 pm

Ron wrote:Completely supportive of this program. The only downside is that it's a 1 year plan when the season is clearly half that in the bay area. Kinda sucks to pay in winter when the kite is unused. What about a 6 month lease at a slightly higher monthly payment?
Ron, can I interest you in one of our Soul Drysuits? :)

But seriously, I like your suggestion and will give it some thought. This is an entirely new program for us and we are still working out the kinks. I am sure as it rolls out into the wild there will be more great suggestions to consider too. Our main focus was trying to address what we saw as a group of kiters who like to replace their gear annually and who would otherwise prefer to avoid the hassle of the re-sale.
Converting the world one rider at a time. Welcome to the Crew!

Loscocco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Loscocco » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:32 am

I know i have kited regularly every one of the 52 weeks of the year in the bay area. and that was without even trying too hard. There is wind in the bay area al year round so why not do the full 1 year lease and enjoy it longer although I'm sure a shorter 6 month lease option might be able to be worked out
:)
My Photography ==> www.Loscocco.com
Kites:Ocean Rodeo: Flites and Razors
Boards:Ocean Rodeo: Duke and Spotz Hydrofoil
Eyewear:Kurtis Surf Goggles www.KurtisUSA.com