Summer Demo Days & Best RV Tour

Please make all commercial, shop and industry postings here.
Rob
Regular
Regular

Post by Rob » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:16 pm

Tona doesn't make foot straps, it's a boot wake style board. Meaning you have to be a boss to ride

stompdit
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Summer Demo Days & Best RV Tour

Post by stompdit » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:40 am

yeeeaaa, those boards are for boots. Tried it today, actually really liked the board. Anyone is welcome to try one on my boots tomorrow, if you're up for it. forecast looks solid, come out!

Yoda
Resident
Resident

Post by Yoda » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:49 am

Good times today!
I got to demo the new Best TS. Sweet kite!!! I was nicely powered on the 7m.
I also tried the Tona Driftwood kiteskate. Fun board, but what a challenge in the swell and chop from the 30+mph winds, yes I said THIRTY. So fun! ;-)

dontfeedthenerd
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by dontfeedthenerd » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:04 pm

@tgautier I had a pair of straps attached to the Pop 138 that I would've gladly moved to any board that you needed. Well.. Any board but the wakeskate. That would've required drilling and inserts, which honestly I didn't feel like dealing with.

@Rob is right, the Tonas do not come with straps and was designed to be paired with some boots, however many people do prefer to ride them with straps instead of boots. Which is why I had the 138 rigged up ready to go, and another spare pair of straps in my bag ready to attach should anybody express interest. I knew I had 2 guys coming in with boots wanting to try out the 142 and the 132 which is why I left those bare.
This was AJ throwing down with the 138 and footpads yesterday.

Next time @tgautier, just walk up and ask, if the 138 was out on the water I could've set up any other board for you, or if you had a decently small footsize I would've gladly loaned you my own boots.

Edit: looking at my records I realized we did talk. Silly me. My bad, I should've mentioned that we had straps ready to go should you had been interested.

Thanks to everybody who came out. I had a blast, and it was great meeting everyone. Pictures from day one of the demo can be found here. Congrats to the happy new owner of the Driftwood, it's too bad the wind clicked off so suddenly today, was looking forward to a repeat of yesterdays enduro-kiting day.