Please make all commercial, shop and industry postings here.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
We hope you buy with us, but if not support your local shop!
Top 10 Reasons to Support Your Local Shop
(hopefully Boardsports in the SF Bay Area)
1. Equipment Expertise & Service: Kiting and Windsurfing are complex sports from an equipment standpoint. We can help you with product knowledge , gear reviews, and local knowledge (what size kite/sail/board works best for each local spot). We will also show you how to set it up and rig it properly.
2. Gear Demos: We demo equipment at all of our locations. This allows you to really know what you are getting and know how much you like it!
3. Have Somewhere to Buy Accessories When You Need Them Most: When something breaks when you are out sailing or kiting, you can't buy a quick replacement online. If everyone shops online, the local shops go out of business and you have no where to go when the wind rocks, but you're missing a part. We will do our best to match online prices, so you get a good deal too!
4. Instant Gratification: When you are psyched to buy gear, why wait to receive it? Buy from us so you can walk away with gear in hand.
5. Buying Power Discounts: The more you buy from us, the more of a discount we can give you.
6. Warranty Support: If you have any issues with your gear, we can help support your warranty. That saves you the trouble of dealing with shipping your gear off to some far away place, and waiting for it to be fixed. If available, we will lend you a loaner while your gear is being fixed!
7. Safety Knowledge: Any local shop is a great resource for helping you to stay safe. Most kite shops will not let people even buy kite equipment without the customer having taken lessons. Your local shop knows the local conditions and can outfit you with the right safety gear (knife, strobe light, whistle, spare line, etc.). Do you know how to perform a self rescue in the middle of the Bay? Let us help keep you informed and outfitted for safety.
8. Swap Meets: We host swap meets every season. This is a great way to buy inexpensive used gear. We usually have a special sale going on at the same time.
9. Repair Services: We can help you with all of your gear repair needs. Support your local shop so you have somewhere to go to fix what breaks!
10. Feel Good Supporting Businesses That You Like: Find a shop you like and support them. Buying online can be an impersonal experience. Getting to know your local shop owners and shop employees can not only help your equipment buying needs, you may make new friends. Supporting your local community just feels good!
Last edited by BoardsportsSchool on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Boardsports School & Shop
Alameda - San Mateo - SF
Voted "Best of the Bay"
I'll chime in here with a personal experience with the folks at Boardsports...
A few years back, I had a warranty issue with a Naish kite - it was a kite I had NOT even purchased from Boardsports. Jane and Rebecca were instrumental in getting the Naish to replace the kite.
I'm not sure how the issue would have been resolved or how promptly, but it was a MUCH better experience with the Boardsports folks involved - they really went out of their way to help me out.
The F-one demo last weekend was great and Boarsports has always been instrumental getting me replacement parts, rentals and other things. They also picked up the gear i left in Alemdea on a couple of occasions so hell yeah! Local is the way to go anyway..for food and kite!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests