ride share

News Messages which are displayed on the mainpage.
thiago
Joey
Joey
ride share

Post by thiago » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:27 pm

Hey folks,

How about a ride share forum. People who live close by could meet and go together to kite sites.

Maybe the forum could ask everyone who would like to participate to input their cross streets. If I am about to go to say Sherman, I can alert everyone in my area with a time and date.

I am looking forward to an awesome winter season but I think sharing the ride with someone would make things a lot more fun and cheaper but most importantly safer having a kite buddy to look out for you.

Cheers,
Thiago.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:25 am

Thiago,

That's a great idea. I'll incorporate this into a new forum section. Jeff Ruoss at KiteWindSurf in Alameda had suggested setting up something so that people could do just that - hooking up with other newbie or like-minded people to make the learning progression easier. Something like that would have helped me out a couple of years ago as I learned everything the hard way pretty much by myself and took a beating....

bdawg
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by bdawg » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:43 am

I agree with Thiago and Ollie a great idea. I think this will become a popular spot on the forum, especially at gas prices get close to $1000/gallon. I don't think there are many people in the valley but i'm sure there will be soon. I'm down.

Blair

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:46 am

At the very least it will be a good way for people to connect. It seems that there's real value in people being able to hook up with others who are learning also.