Live the dream

News Messages which are displayed on the mainpage.
KillaHz
Resident
Resident
Live the dream

Post by KillaHz » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:52 pm

Live the Dream
Be a Guest Kite Tester for Kiteboarding

What: A week of luxury lodging in a waterfront Florida Keys house as you ride all the new 2006 kites and boards and dine on catered breakfast and lunch.

Who: You, five fellow kiters and the Kiteboarding staff, with top instructors and pros dropping by.

When: One of four weeklong sessions, Oct. 24 to Nov. 19.

Why: You get to weigh in on all that new stuff as an official tester for Kiteboarding's best-ever gear guide.

The Small Catch: There's a nominal participation fee to cover housing ñ a small price to pay for all the fun.

How to sign up: Shoot an e-mail to editor@kiteboardingmag.com, telling us about yourself and your riding skills. If you're proficient and articulate, you might be chosen for this dream week ñ and get the ultimate riding fix that will carry you through the winter.

Check out the new kiteboarding Magazine website for more details at www.kiteboardingmag.com

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:27 pm

Man that sounds sick but I just bought a house!! Argh!!! Not a bad thing though just will miss this event. See you up in Tahoe though this winter. I want to hit that Red Lake Ridge. looks Sick!!!

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:20 pm

pipedragon wrote:Man that sounds sick but I just bought a house!! Argh!!! Not a bad thing though just will miss this event. See you up in Tahoe though this winter. I want to hit that Red Lake Ridge. looks Sick!!!
Ryan,

Congrats on the house! Why does that mean you can't take a week off and go kite in Paradise? All that new gear, I just got a peak at it all at Surf Expo...some pretty sick stuff coming out and we will have it all for you to test and review for our 2006 gear guide.

I don't live in Tahoe anymore but I will be making a couple trips up for some snow kiting this year...also be hitting the Mecca...Skyline Utah.
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:45 pm

Money's kind of tight since I spent it all on the house. It also means no new gear this next season. Oh well, im good for a while anyway. Bummer your not in Tahoe anymore but hopefully I can find a local crowd that wants to head to Red lake ridge or wherever or if your in town post here. I am determined to try snowkiting this year. Hope all is well. The latest kiteboarder mag is sick by the way. The lightwind kite comparison was very well done!!

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:03 pm

pipedragon wrote:Money's kind of tight since I spent it all on the house. It also means no new gear this next season. Oh well, im good for a while anyway. Bummer your not in Tahoe anymore but hopefully I can find a local crowd that wants to head to Red lake ridge or wherever or if your in town post here. I am determined to try snowkiting this year. Hope all is well. The latest kiteboarder mag is sick by the way. The lightwind kite comparison was very well done!!
Hey Ryan,

WE can hook up in Tahoe any time it is good.

Don't work for the Kiteboarder anymore. I took over Kiteboarding magazine. Our test will be nothing like the light wind test that they did. We will actually have some conclusions that will help you make decisions on what to buy...not just "all the new kites are sweet".
Gabe Brown

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:05 pm

Gabe,

I could probably fit it in and am multi-brand and open-minded. I can write too.

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:19 pm

i can kite, but cant sphell
charlie

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:09 pm

BayAreaKite wrote:Gabe,

I could probably fit it in and am multi-brand and open-minded. I can write too.
I imagine you would make an excellent kite tester, Ollie. We have to cap it off at 30 participants but we just announced it last week...so you're looking good.
Gabe Brown

jstjohn3
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by jstjohn3 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:29 pm

Gabe, That WOULD be living the dream for me. I haven't flown anything but my beloved X2 with the exception of trying Dave's 16RRD momentarily and Donnie's 12m Vegas 5 for couple hours. My kiting bumped up to a new level while with that Vegas. I just went to the website and wanted to let you know that it is mucho better than the last time I went there. Also, I've been meaning to mention that the Mag has excellent writing, (often funny: "the mating ritual, performed by the Naish Raven") informative features, and is respectful towards ALL in our kiteboarding community. You're doing a great job. Since I haven't really spoken with you before, I haven't had the chance to tell you that. See ya' on the water!
John

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:41 pm

jstjohn3 wrote:Gabe, That WOULD be living the dream for me. I haven't flown anything but my beloved X2 with the exception of trying Dave's 16RRD momentarily and Donnie's 12m Vegas 5 for couple hours. My kiting bumped up to a new level while with that Vegas. I just went to the website and wanted to let you know that it is mucho better than the last time I went there. Also, I've been meaning to mention that the Mag has excellent writing, (often funny: "the mating ritual, performed by the Naish Raven") informative features, and is respectful towards ALL in our kiteboarding community. You're doing a great job. Since I haven't really spoken with you before, I haven't had the chance to tell you that. See ya' on the water!
John
John thanks!

It's a team effort at Kiteboarding magazine and I have an excellent staff backing me up. Look for the magazine to continue to improve. The latest issue just hit stands and there are some more entertaining reads and great photos. The new website we just launched last week and while it is a vast improvement, it still has a long way to go. We will be working for a long time to make it a complete "must have" resource for the kiteboarding community.

So are you going to send in your application and live your dream?
Gabe Brown