Begginer advice

San Francisco Bay Area kiteboarding lessons, learning and support.
thebayisok
Joey
Joey
Begginer advice

Post by thebayisok » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:54 pm

So after a year of wanting to get into kiteboarding I am finally going to start. Im planning on getting the trainer and then maybe take some lessons next summer. I just have a few question that hopefully someone can help me out with.
I havent purchased a trainer kite yet. Would a 3 line be more beneficial to me than a 2 line? I know with the 3 line you can reverse relaunch, but with the 3 lines being like $100 more than the 2 line is it necessary? And what about size. I would like a 3m but I am on a very limited budget, would a 2m be ok?
Where do I go to use it? I am in the far east bay (Brentwood). I know I could go over to rio vista but I would rather not have to pay $5 just to go over the bridge each time I want to fly my kite. Maybe a local could help me out on this.
Any advice would be appriciated. Thanks.

K. Cliff
Regular
Regular

Re: Begginer advice

Post by K. Cliff » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:52 pm

I'm in Oakley and have a trainer you can use. check your pm (new messages) for number. Call anytime before 10:00 pm
Deltaviking1@gmail.com
Shuttles available upwind from Pittsburg and Sherman all summer. Come see what kiting west has to offer.

Captain John
SFBA Member
SFBA Member

Post by Captain John » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:40 am

A 2m is fine. Save your money for the full size kite. You won't be spending much time flying the 2m as you will quickly learn the skills for that stage. Unless you have aspirations of riding a skateboard or sandboard with a trainter kite, there's no need to over spend on a trainer kite. Get comfy flying the kite back can forth then get into a lesson that will start you flying a full size, 4-line kite.

Captain John
KiteTheBay.com
KiteTheBay.com

joemount2004
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Begginer advice

Post by joemount2004 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:30 am

And don't wait til summer. Take your lessons as early as possible (April/May) so you can maximize your season...

thebayisok
Joey
Joey

Post by thebayisok » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:06 pm

Thanks for the advice guys