San Francisco Bay Area Kiteboarding Lessons

San Francisco Bay Area kiteboarding lessons, learning and support.
Beginner Dave
trainer kites

Post by Beginner Dave » Tue May 31, 2005 9:55 pm

I'm eager to get into kiteboarding but am definitely very much a beginner. After carefully reading Bob's posts and trying to discern his subtle advice, I'm starting to get the feeling I probably should spend some time on a trainer kite.

Where can I get one and what do you recommend in terms of help in getting started practicing? Does anyone offer lessons on that? Are there good sites that walk you through it?

Scanman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Scanman » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:19 pm

I used the Airush 3.0 I got from Kitmare for $200. I liked using a 3m because it lets me feel the power of a real kite. The 1m or 2m seems to buzz around too quick. The bigger kites turn slower.
I also use my 3m to tow me around on my mountain board when the wind picks up, it's a lot of fun.

Joe

andyandmarlys
Regular
Regular

Post by andyandmarlys » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:00 pm

Kitewindsurf should have 3.6m trainer kites in stock within a week. They come with a brake line that acts as a safety and relaunch.... Should be priced in the low 200s.

Blackmore
Joey
Joey

Re: San Francisco Bay Area Kiteboarding Lessons

Post by Blackmore » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:24 pm

Hey guys about to buy myself a Training Kite, im hella stoked for this. I live in RWC and im wondering wehre a good place to take lessons from is im kinda leaning towards the Santa Cruz place. Any helps appreciated thanks guys
Downhill Skateboarding for life

LVentanaPlayaCentral
Joey
Joey

Re: San Francisco Bay Area Kiteboarding Lessons

Post by LVentanaPlayaCentral » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:54 am

Is it too cold this winter? No wind for kiteboarding? You should sign up for Jeff Kafka´s Wind Over Water Kiteboarding Vacations:

http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=b3c ... b760e535f7