San Francisco Bay Area Kiteboarding Lessons

San Francisco Bay Area kiteboarding lessons, learning and support.
OliverG
Old School
Old School
San Francisco Bay Area Kiteboarding Lessons

Post by OliverG » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:01 pm

Welcome to bayareakiteboarding.com
San Francisco Bay Area kiteboarding safety, access, information, reviews, forums, and classifieds.

Image San Francisco Bay Area Kiteboarding Lessons

Lessons are essential for anyone interested in getting into the sport. There are a few different outfits offering lessons in the San Francisco Bay Area at different riding locations, all of which focus on safety and providing you with a solid understanding of the basics to get you started. Getting lessons is money well spent and will get you up and going on the water ASAP. Click on images to visit websites for more information.

Kitopia provides kiteboarding lessons at Sherman Island.

Kite415 provides lessons at San Francisco, Brisbane and Oyster Point.

Helm of Sun Valley teaches lessons at 3rd Avenue.

Santa Cruz Kitesurfing provides kiteboarding lessons in Santa Cruz.

Kite Naked/Benicia Kite and Paddle Sports provides lessons in Benecia

Wind Over Water provides kiteboarding lessons at Coyote Point and the Coast.

Edge provides kiteboarding lessons at Sherman Island.

Sheldon provides kiteboarding lessons at Sherman Island.

Boardsports School provides lessons in Alameda and at Coyote Point.

Get lessons, be safe!
Last edited by OliverG on Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Val

I am looking for water kite surfing lessons now

Post by Val » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:38 pm

I am looking for water Kite surfing lessons now.

I can do it on the weekends. Unfortunately I don't have the equipment, so I guess you need to have all the equipment. If you don't have an extra wet suit, I can rent or buy one. I am looking for some private instruction than please respond to me. I am a great swimmer/water polo player. Have my CPR, First AID, and Lifeguarding certificate. So you don't have to be worried about my safety. I am very cautious myself.

Please send me an email at valeriy666@yahoo.com

Reccomendations?

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:30 pm

Hi Everyone,

Im as new to this sport as it comes but have spent months reading on it. I was wonderinf if anyone can reccommend a reputable company to take lessons for that is practical in price. There's so much infomation available but I really wish I knew someone who has done this before and can steering me in the right direction for where to start.

I look forward to learning this very much, any help is appreciated

Regards,
Micah (MicahSchulte@gmail.com)

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Re: Reccomendations?

Post by OliverG » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:39 pm

Anonymous wrote:Hi Everyone,

Im as new to this sport as it comes but have spent months reading on it. I was wonderinf if anyone can reccommend a reputable company to take lessons for that is practical in price. There's so much infomation available but I really wish I knew someone who has done this before and can steering me in the right direction for where to start.

I look forward to learning this very much, any help is appreciated

Regards,
Micah (MicahSchulte@gmail.com)
It depends on where you want to take lessons and what's convenient for you. A bit later in the season, lessons are available at the Delta where there can be more consistent wind and it's warmer overall. But if you are wanting to get started with some lessons fairly soon, the best place is Crown Beach, Alameda and Kite Wind Surf has the best lessons there as they have jet ski support to get you out to where the wind is, they have many good instructors, and their rates are very competitive. Check all the info at their website at www.kitewindsurf.com

Good luck!
Ollie

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:21 pm

Hey Ollie, I just got off the phone with Emily @ KiteWindSurf. I made reservations for my lessons starting in April and im stoked! They sound very professional and nice. Thanks for your help, this is gonna be Suhweeet.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:11 pm

Anonymous wrote:Hey Ollie, I just got off the phone with Emily @ KiteWindSurf. I made reservations for my lessons starting in April and im stoked! They sound very professional and nice. Thanks for your help, this is gonna be Suhweeet.
Good job! Yes, there have a good and efficient operation going there with lots of good and qualified instructors. You are going to be stoked! Spring is usually good for wind at Alameda, but even if it's light, you'll find wind with them on the jetski. You're on it too, there couldn't be a better time to take lessons than at the start of the season.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:51 pm

Hey! I finally registered. Thanks again for your help and this website. The lady @ KWF is going to let me borrow a trainer tomorrow to get familiar so my first day in class will be better understanding! I cant wait! Thanks again man.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:57 pm

Cool! That must be Emily, she's great. You'll be off to a good start with that trainer.

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:03 am

I'll second that kitewindsurf is the way to go. I've been watching Jeff's crew for a couple of years now, and they got their stuff together. Jetski's and they will take you to the wind. Deep water training seems like a plus!!
Dewey

username

Post by username » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:05 pm

Hi,
Im new to the sport. I already have both water and land lesson last seasson at Alameda (its too far since I live in Antioch). I am planning to take a refreshers course. Does it matter where I take my lesson either Sherman Island or Alameda? whats the difference?