best school to learn

San Francisco Bay Area kiteboarding lessons, learning and support.
best school to learn

Post by Guest » Thu May 26, 2005 3:22 pm

In your opinion, wheres the best place and school to learn the sport? Alameda or SI?

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu May 26, 2005 7:54 pm

Both spots are good. If you elect Alameda, I would strongly advise you to go with Kite Wind Surf, as they will get you out to where the wind is on the jet skis. Not the case with the other outfit operating on the beach there and the wind can be fairly light this time of year.

kite-o-matik
Contributor
Contributor

Post by kite-o-matik » Thu May 26, 2005 9:28 pm

Man, don't I know it. I've driven to Crown Beach twice now, for water lessons that didn't happen because there was no wind.

Ok, so KWS has jetskis -- cool. How/where do they do land lessons (rigging, safety, launching, etc)?

jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jjm » Thu May 26, 2005 9:34 pm

kite-o-matik wrote:Man, don't I know it. I've driven to Crown Beach twice now, for water lessons that didn't happen because there was no wind.

Ok, so KWS has jetskis -- cool. How/where do they do land lessons (rigging, safety, launching, etc)?
My lesson took place in the open space west of the marina. From the field you can see the shipyard. (Near the round about)

[web]http://maps.google.com/maps?q=alameda,+ ... &t=k&hl=en[/web]

bdawg
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by bdawg » Fri May 27, 2005 7:24 am

Guest,

I'd like to put my vote in for Sherman. the wind is more consistent. I took my lessons with Edge kiteboarding andi couldn't be happy enough.

Thanks,

Blair

SPAMAN13
Contributor
Contributor

Post by SPAMAN13 » Fri May 27, 2005 7:27 am

kite-o-matik wrote:Man, don't I know it. I've driven to Crown Beach twice now, for water lessons that didn't happen because there was no wind.

jjm is correct. I had my water and land lesson with them, they rock! I recommend Jeff or Scott as your instructor (specially Scott that dude is crazy, in a good way), they sure know what they are doing. =D> =D>