Re: Bay Area Snowkiters Social

Post by keithdkd » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:04 am

I'd go to a snowkiters meetup also

boardpuppy
Joey
Joey

Post by boardpuppy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:29 am

I'm a long time snow boarder and new to kiting. I am dying to snow kite and would love to do ride shares up to Tahoe. Live in SF and from Monterey bay. Wednesday Dec. 1 works for me, as well as nights and weekends. Looking forward to meeting up.

sstarch1
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sstarch1 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:06 pm

I'm in also.

Snowboarder who is dying to make the progression to snowkiting.

My goal is to snowkite the beautiful and easy access terrain on the backside of Kirkwood this year. Every other time i go out there, it's windy UP that slope and i'm always asking.. why am i hiking this..? :-)

Stepan

sc-surfer
Resident
Resident

Bay Area Snowkiters Social

Post by sc-surfer » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:12 pm

I'm in! Can't wait to get some cold white goodness.

NCKite_Ryder
Resident
Resident

Post by NCKite_Ryder » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:03 pm

sstarch1 wrote:I'm in also.

My goal is to snowkite the beautiful and easy access terrain on the backside of Kirkwood this year. Every other time i go out there, it's windy UP that slope and i'm always asking.. why am i hiking this..? :-)

Stepan
Post the areal google map of what you are talking about please
6,8,10,12 RPM's
2010 UG FLX
2012 Firewire Flexfire Strapless

NorthCoastKiter -

jwest21
SFBA Member
SFBA Member

Post by jwest21 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:21 pm

I'll be in North Tahoe shredding on the weekends at Squaw as often as possible this winter. I don't know that I got nearly enough experience kiteboarding this first season to progress onto the snow but down to observe, meet up and ride-share with kiters/boarders alike. Squaw has unreal terrain, night riding and I get a small discount on tickets for friends with my season pass.

rvv
Regular
Regular

Re:

Post by rvv » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:05 pm

jwest21 wrote:I'll be in North Tahoe shredding on the weekends at Squaw as often as possible this winter. I don't know that I got nearly enough experience kiteboarding this first season to progress onto the snow but down to observe, meet up and ride-share with kiters/boarders alike. Squaw has unreal terrain, night riding and I get a small discount on tickets for friends with my season pass.
J West, Squaw is super awesome esp now that you can ride Alpine as well. Please contact me or any Tahoe local snowkiter before you Snowkite in Squaw Valley. There are a few rules to kiting there and you should now them, we haven't posted them because generally speeaking this spot is off limits...AKA Trespassing . These rules do involve the resort and their recreation activities and if the rules are observed sometimes you can get down at squaw without raising eyebrows.

This is not a free ride spot It is private property and you may be asked to leave. So please find out the ins and outs before you go or any type of Access to Squaw may be DENIED once and for all.

Here is a list of public property freeride spots and all you need to know about them. You generally will have no issues at these locations.

http://www.kgbswag.com/lessons/snowkiti ... locations/

Keep Tahoe snowkite access for all by being informed and respecting private property.
Let me know when you want to Get Some Snowkiting in and we can hook up for a sesh :)
Royce V
KGBswag

sstarch1
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sstarch1 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:03 pm

NCKite_Ryder wrote:
sstarch1 wrote:I'm in also.

Stepan
Post the areal google map of what you are talking about please
Hey,

So i made a little map. The blue areas on the back side of the wood, i've been into without a kite, its great snow, and as i mentioned, usually blowing up the hill 10-20mph. Much stronger on "windy" days.

The blue area north by Red Lakes peak is an area many back-country people access, i wonder if the area i drew out would be a good spot?

http://g.co/maps/4nqp3

Let me know your thoughts re:kirkwood.

S

AD72
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by AD72 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:33 pm

What kind of skiis do you use? Wide straight skiis or parabolic?