the march of the FoG!!

CdoG
Old School
Old School

Post by CdoG » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:05 am

update
as paul would tell ya
this fog thing tends to happen more sooner then later

SAN FRANCISCO SAN PABLO SUISUN BAY AND THE WEST DELTA- 845 AM PDT THU JUN 12 2008
.TODAY...E WINDS 10 KT...BECOMING W 15 TO 20 KT WITH LOCAL GUSTS TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON.
.TONIGHT...SW WINDS INITIALLY 15 TO 20 KT WITH LOCAL GUSTS TO 25KT... DECREASING TO 5 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT.

.FRI...SW WINDS 5 KT...INCREASING TO 10 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. .FRI NIGHT...SW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT.
.SAT...SW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT.
.SUN...SW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT...INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT. .MON...SW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT...BECOMING W 15 TO 25 KT. PATCHY FOG.

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:08 am

Nah, i pretty much gave up last year. If it's not an emergency, let em figure out how to land it themselves. If someone makes a decision to fly their kite over people when there is that light a wind, they are probably not bright enough to implement any light shed on them. So I sit down next to my kite and try to get rid of wetsuit tan and watch the action roll downwind. Of course this does depend on my highly volatile and fluxuating mood swings. Sometimes I am just too sober and the bipolar turretts syndrome kicks in, so i just decide to keep my mouth shut.

Ollie, sorry for my flagrant disregard for authority. won't happen again-today. You somehow think i need a picture of me everywhere. I think you should relax on that issue as well. I'm over it as May is gone and i dont have to see 2 ollies at sherman island on both sides of my office now.

:)

kitenaked
Old School
Old School

Post by kitenaked » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:34 am

looks good!
Chris

Kite Naked
Benicia Kite and Paddle Sports
4562 East 2nd Street, Unit J & K
Benicia, CA 94510

209-304-2200

http://www.kitenaked.com
Slingshot

CdoG
Old School
Old School

Post by CdoG » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:38 am

and another update
for today

SAN FRANCISCO SAN PABLO SUISUN BAY AND THE WEST DELTA- 906 AM PDT THU JUN 12 2008
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM PDT THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH THIS EVENING...
.TODAY...E WINDS 10 KT...BECOMING W 15 TO 25 KT WITH LOCAL GUSTS TO 35 KT IN THE LATE AFTERNOON NEAR ANGEL ISLAND.

.TONIGHT...SW WINDS INITIALLY 15 TO 25 KT WITH LOCAL GUSTS TO 35 KT NEAR ANGEL ISLAND...DECREASING TO 5 TO 10 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. .

dude that fog should help keep your milk cOOl,
you gonna hit pt jolly.. bring tj with ya
or as she's there all the time, just bring her gear.

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:57 am

Charlie, she may be a regular soooner than you think. Working next to all that blow can only last so long. the girl's gotta get some. she is in the works of trying to reschedule her hours so she can take a break during playtime. You know...kiter recess. As for me, i still seem to aim towards 3rd since it closer to my work, i think, hell maybe it's not but I like the fact that i can get a launch from someone there and lots of people I know there. But i would still like to give your spot a try without getting tangled in fishing lines like the last time. yesterday seemed like one of those perfect days.

rambo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rambo » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:42 pm

Yuri
Was it this same guy from last Friday
Attachments
get_windcam_image_17.aspx.jpg
get_windcam_image_17.aspx.jpg (30.18KiB)Viewed 11384 times

reyrivera
Old School
Old School

Post by reyrivera » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:04 pm

That kite looks familiar, and I may know the owner of that kite, he's just an acquantance though, forgot his name. The next time I see him, I'll ask him about it. There were two kites with the same colors and model and size flying the same day, so don't want to jump to conclusions.

----------------------
Update to my above message:

Don't know these guys. We just have to watch out and see how they will behave the next time the wind blows. We'll just have to catch them in the act and talk to them the next time they screw up.
Last edited by reyrivera on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:51 pm

Nice, the webcam is now the guilt cam! No, not him/her. I won't say exactly what kind of kite it was but it sounded something like urboweasel and it was really dark, like the night sky with some really light, like paper, stripes.
:)