where to go

Local weather resources and topics.
jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jjm » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:14 pm

Sandy pointed out a few kites heading from that direction. Didn't get a chance to talk to anyone though. Hopefully someone who participated will let us know how it went!

707kiteguy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 707kiteguy » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:35 pm

Yea I got a good look at you guy's on my way down from bodega bay,
had a blue peter lynn, was a sweet site. It only took about 30 min.
6 of us were going, got down to me and toby, and marty in the zodiac.
Blue water swell 6-7ft. 20-30 knots, shore line is jagged rocks, cliffs, I felt pretty commited, point of no return, I can do it shit! Worse part: Thinking about.. is that my kite shadow or..? Best part: Blue water, the sound just water, at times going down wind you dont even hear or feel the wind your riding with it.. fun times, will do it again.. :butthead:

davewsail
Regular
Regular

Post by davewsail » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:27 am

OB was nice, steady 20ish all day yesterday. The waves were kinda small which is good for me. I got probably 5 hours of riding in on my 12m-- sometimes lit; it was awesome! The original plan was to drive down to Waddell but we decided not to leave wind to find wind. From what I heard about Sherman, it was balmy at OB in comparison.

I loved that beach! It was also nice to meet some of the locals there. Only downside there I can see are the break-ins. Dave hid his keys in the bushes and came back to find his keys locked in the car with his wallet gone. :-x
Team rider for Sheldon Kiteboarding and North

loserdavies
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Decided to Stay

Post by loserdavies » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:03 am

Decided to stay and rode Alameda for 2 hours. Very cold but wind was fun. Looks like a lot of people got to ride. =D>