Wind...comeing...?

Local weather resources and topics.
Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:53 pm

I'm thinking about putting out the Stoker Ramp off Alameda this weekend, What do you think??
G.

bobbyboom
Regular
Regular

Post by bobbyboom » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:05 am

Kitecrazy, I must have missed this good wind you're talking about. I was there from 11am until 6pm and got about 30 minutes of decent riding. It was sorely up and down. The best part was hanging out with the cool people.

I guess the sensor at Sherman gets mucked on the south winds as it says it was averaging 20+ most of the day, but having been there I can tell you it was possibly averaging 14mph most of the day and at times it would gust pretty high but it never held. Overall it was a Friday well spent as any day on the water and with cool people is a good day.

-Bobby

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:59 am

Bobby, that's the closest thing to a negative post that I've ever seen from you. :shock:

The wind must have truly sucked.

I'm curious if Jason was riding at Little Baja; it seems like on those SW days the changed wind angle doesn't make as much of a different down there.
Paul
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.

CdoG
Old School
Old School

Post by CdoG » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:13 am

yuri i was ride n with limmie on your beach..
and i hope tj comes back soon.
not a super blow. but still, ride n with buds and getting wet!
paul looks like your gonna get yours on the coast.

lim if you put it we will come.. hell ill try n hit it.
Last edited by CdoG on Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

davewsail
Regular
Regular

Post by davewsail » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:15 am

I must have missed this good wind you're talking about.
Bobby, the good wind happened right when you left--thanks for making the sacrifice. After the clouds went away and the wind came back, it was much smoother for about an hour. That was the best session of the day. John and I had it all to ourselves for that one.

But having been there all day myself, it was fun to hang out with all the other addicts. To me hanging out with the cool people is always a big reason to go to Sherman, as important as the good wind.
Team rider for Sheldon Kiteboarding and North

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:27 am

I am going dirtbiking today but if you guys are gonna hit the slider, i have a dedicated thrasher board without fins you guys can use. That thing is slippery. Wear a helmet, get it on film. Hope it blows!

wjb
Resident
Resident

Post by wjb » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:35 am

davewsail wrote:
I must have missed this good wind you're talking about.
Bobby, the good wind happened right when you left--thanks for making the sacrifice. After the clouds went away and the wind came back, it was much smoother for about an hour. That was the best session of the day. John and I had it all to ourselves for that one.

But having been there all day myself, it was fun to hang out with all the other addicts. To me hanging out with the cool people is always a big reason to go to Sherman, as important as the good wind.
Darn, I need to learn to be more patient. I saw quite a few people at little baja on my way out. I should have known it would get good. A good day none the less sharing the stoke with others.

bobbyboom
Regular
Regular

Post by bobbyboom » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:48 am

Ha, ha didn't mean to be negative, I was just wondering if I missed the session he was on. I know Bret was riding for 3 hours before I got there and said it was good. I was curious if that was when kitecrazy was riding.

Yeah, there were a TON of kites at little baja on the launch area when I left. I had never seen that many kites there. It looked like a competition site. :) I would also add that Dave rode most of the day. He made it work and I was REALLY impressed. Whenever I start getting semi flushed down the channel it's difficult for me to enjoy myself because all I can think about it trying to get a bit upwind to get back to the beach. Dave maintained his ground and did some nice tricks, too!

Bummer I missed the wind when I left, but overall it was a really fun day so I can't complain.

-Bobby

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:54 am

Well if you guys had all gotten together and agreed to post about how wonderful the wind was, I would have been suspicious.

I'm with Charlie on the season change; fall came early this year and took the sweet Sherman wind with it. It seems like most years we get at least one last week of thermal wind before October, but it didn't happen this year.
Paul
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.

zgur
Resident
Resident

Stop your bitchin...

Post by zgur » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:08 pm

c'mon you guys, the delta was f*'n epic all season.....don't bitch that once we are in OCT!!!! the wind is changing.....cheez, what do you want, wind 100% of the year?? ? If you do, you need to adjust your expectations kids.......and BTW, Crissy can get nothing short of epic this time of the year, so open your mind, and go check it out.......

It's like skiing, and bitching when the North facing hill is not good....did you try other aspects of the mountain? How about the corn over there???? open your mind........

For what it's worth, when the wind is SW, the delta rocks. It's when it's SSW direction, that it gets funky at the park, but is still good @ little baja....topography is the reason......Any time you have clouds overhead, it's gonaa be leass then epic.......

So stop moaning "ohh, the season is changing".......how about "HELL YEAH, THE SEASON IS CHANGING, TIME FOR SOME REAL WAVES!!!!!".....

did someone say waves?????

Get some, Z.