Wind this weekend

Local weather resources and topics.

Will the wind blow anywhere this weekend?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:26 am

Yes! Godsey knows nothing.
60%
No, I'm staying home.
40%

Total votes: 5

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:25 pm

Well, buoys aside, I think that on the VERY rare occasions the CG is around, everyone should play extra safe in the immediate launch/land area.

At least noone tried to boost over their boat. :roll:

Yuri, I have friends who are firefighters who do some crazy sh$t when they're off duty, but when they're on duty they take it 100% seriously. My bet is the CG guys are the same way.

And you better listen to Grampa Big Dave, or he'll boost right up wind of you on his pointyboard and skewer your butt.... =D>
Paul
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:28 pm

I don't personally have a problem with them, sometimes I kite outside of them, sometimes I find my way on the other side of them. As for you, CdoG, BeforE yOU gO geTTing GrUMPy, just so you know, the only people holding the launch "hostage" are the beginners whose presence there is questionable in the first place, who can barely make it out and are too timid to send the kite to go anywhere. Now they are the hazards. I think you just like to argue... O:)

davewsail
Regular
Regular

Post by davewsail » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:52 pm

As a person who got their kite lines tangled in the buoys, they are definitely a risk. I ended up pulling one almost all the way to shore. It was wrapped around a front line and when I tried to free it (I was on my 5th line at the time), the kite powered up and gave me a nice cut-- it could have been worse. Perhaps there is some way to make these buoys less likely to snag lines???

With that said, I don't have a problem staying outside the buoys if it makes other park users feel safer. But I think we all know that even if you are upwind of the buoys you can get inside them pretty damn quick , especially if it's windy. There is no substitute for common sense, even the buoy rules. Just imagine what would happen if some newbie (or not newbie) ditched his kite upwind of the buoys and it sailed downwind to whoever was there? What if there was a Hobie cat there? We'd look like Belmont last weekend (See other post for link to picture on ikite).
Team rider for Sheldon Kiteboarding and North

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:44 pm

The buoys are like a speed sign that says 25, but most interpret that as 35 is probably ok.

Panzer, your F-in' joking right! Thats probably why I ended up kiting with one foot! trying to avoid one of those close shore stunts. :)

CdoG
Old School
Old School

Post by CdoG » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:44 pm

my pet p
kiteing in front of the luanch.
at alameda,
pt jolly
SI
3RD ave
hell anywere ,if we all did it, were would you kite.?
and everyone should have rights to acess .

Bulldog
Old School
Old School

Post by Bulldog » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:16 pm

CDoGgy:

If everyone did it, noone would do it, because then there'd be noone on the beach to watch so there would be no point. :P

All you have to do to get the area in front of the launch cleared is tell everyone kiting there "THERE'S A GUY AT THE 2ND ISLAND TAKING PICTURES" and all of the sudden everyone is gone. =D>
Paul
aka Pablito
It says 10M, but it's really a 9.

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:35 pm

=D>

airess
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by airess » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:56 am

And on the Sixth day GOD created Windsurfers, a man and a woman. and He named them Adam and Eve. He put them into the Garden of Eden where they could partake of all but one fruit, the fruit from The Tree of Life. But the Woman, having more intuition and frankly being bored with the Man, ate the fruit from the Forbidden Tree. And her eyes were opened, and she realized what a dork Yuri, I mean Adam was, and she started KITEBOARDING.

But Adam was angry with her and told her that he was here first and that there wasn't enough room. Eve kited anyway. And she flew into the Heavens and back unto the Earth, where Adam was, weilding her 100 ft. sword-like bird at him. And Adam was frightened and screamed over and over 'I'm scared!, I'm scared!'. And GOD, realizing what He had done, consoled Adam by taking his 2 balls, inflating them and painting them orange, and placed them into the waters. Then GOD told Eve to leave fruit boy alone. And she did. But Eve had more offspring than Adam, and they were bigger and badder and smarter. And soon the purpose of Adam's orange balls was lost.

And then, GOD rested.

kitecrazy
Regular
Regular

Post by kitecrazy » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:31 am

I seriously think you need to get back to full time instead of only 36 hours a week. Those extra 4 hours of downtime are twisting your mind in ways we can't imagine.

And then, GOD went kiteboarding.

airess
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by airess » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:54 am

i did work 40hrs last week and it made me cranky. besides, this was too much fun writing.
and i did consider the 'then god went kiteboarding' ending, however, i liked the 'god didn't rest until his work was done, which was the windsurfers being pissed off beyond repair' ending better.
write your own damn story